Family Ties Part 41

"Where are we going?" Jackson asked as Raymond pushed him out of the door. 

"You'll see." Was all that Raymond would reveal, turning on the car to go. No matter what Jackson said or how he asked, Raymond would not let him in on the secret.

"An amusement park? Cook, have you lost your mind? Why are we here?" He looked confusedly at Raymond. This is not what he'd consider a surprise.

"Yes, why not?" he grinned up at Jackson, taking his hand. "Come on, before all the rides fill up!" he pulled Jackson after him.

Jackson followed in tow, letting Raymond guide them through the consession stands, booths and different rides and water slides. Thank god they won't be going on the waterslides. Jackson could only imagine that the water consisted mainly of piss and bleach. 

"Strap in!" Raymond said in excitement, barely able to wait for the ride to start. Jackson felt his stomach lurch and disappear somewhere inside his body, as they picked up speed. Raymond was shouting at the top of his voice, throwing his arms in the air each time they plummeted at high speed down the deepest dip Jackson had ever seen.

Thankfully the ride was over soon. "Let's never do that again." Jackson moaned, leaning on Raymond as they walked.

"What do you mean? That was fun, wasn't it?" Raymond looked unsure up at Jackson. 

"That was only fun because you were next to me." Smiling, he leaned down to kiss Raymond. "You really are like a little kid, you know?"

"I play a grown up almost every day of the week. I should be able to be a kid over the weekend, can't I?" Before Jackson could respond, Raymond pulled him over to a toy booth. Jackson immediately spotted what got his attention. A model replica of a Star Trek starship. 

"Let me get that for you." Jackson confidently stepped forward and took the rifle, holding it up to hit the cans that would win Raymond his starship. After the fourth try however, he was nowhere near hitting more that one can.

"Let me try." Raymond pulled at Jackson's t-shirt.

"This game is rigged. If I can't even get one tin to fall over, how are you?" Jackson looked at him in pity. "I think the rifle may be to heavy for you." Grabbing the rifle from him, Raymond aimed at the cans.

"You were saying?" Raymond raised an eyebrow at Jackson, after he'd knocked over every can in one try.

"Where did you learn to shoot like that?" he asked in amazement. Surely Raymond wasn't an assassin along with his other talents? 

"My uncle taught me," he smiled at Jackson, taking the box with the model ship and holding it up for inspection. "You still have so much to learn," he shook his head at Jackson.

"You have an uncle? How come you never mentioned him?" Jackson was thoroughly confused by Raymond's family tree. 

"You'll meet him soon enough." Raymond smiled enigmatically, then laughed outright at the face Jackson was making. "Don't worry, it's not a family ambush. He already knows about us and wants to meet you."

"Well, if you say so. I don't want another repeat of what happened before." he frowned, looking a little concerned.

"Really Jackson, Damon is very chilled, most of the time. Come on, now for the surprise!" Raymond dragged him into a photo booth, sitting on his lap, then proceeded to make faces at the camera. "Come on, it's no fun if you don't play along," he pleaded with Jackson leaning in to kiss his cheek as another snap was taken.

Jackson looked at the photos in his hand. Most of them were completely ridiculous , with Raymond pulling all sorts of faces, but he had to admit, he had fun taking the pics.