The Proposal Part 14

"Cook! Open up!" Jackson was standing in front of Raymond's flat with the idea of going on another date. He rang the bell, and knocked again. Finally Raymond opened the door, still half asleep in a onesy with that made him look like a unicorn, with ears and a horn on the cap. "Jackson had to laugh at the sight. He also looked really cute standing there half asleep and confused in his onesy.

"Cute." Jackson observed smiling still standing in the doorway. "Do you think I could come in?" he asked since Raymond made no move to do anything.

"Sure, you're here now, might as well come in." Raymond waived him in, going to the kitchen to get some much needed coffee. Handing Jackson a cup, he sat down on the couch next to him.

"So what was so important that you had to desturb my Sunday off?" he asked grumpily. 

"We're going to see a movie and see what we feel like doing afterward." he said as if it was obvious.

"What if I don't want to go out with you?" Raymond was still grumpy from having been pulled from his bed.

"Then I'll stay for the rest of the day." he stubbornly set his chin.

"It's my flat you know. I can just call the police." Raymond took a sip of his coffee. "What movie are we supposedly seeing anyway?" he was curious as to what Jackson would pick. Hopefully it's not some gaudy rom-com or sad drama, other than that, he'd be game for anything.

"Star Wars!" he said gleefully, as if it was a christmas treat.

"You said what?!" Raymond almost choked on his coffee. "Star Wars? Did you just say Star Wars?" he asked incredulouly. When Jackson gave him an excited grin, Raymond put his coffee down. "Let's get a few things straight Jackson." Raymond turned to face him, not a glimmer of humour on his face. 

"As much as you are the epitomy of man, the One, the most inteligent, most perfect... when you say shit like that you just sound dumb!" he started. "Why would you think that a rational person like me would watch Star Wars! Star Wars?! I still can't get over that."

"What?" Jackson asked confused. Who the hell didn't like Star Wars?! It's the most genius thing since space travel was invented. "Don't you like it? Don't worry, you'll love it by the time the end credits roll." He smiled excitedly at Raymond. It had everything, aliens, lasers, space ships and romance. Who wouldn't love Star Wars?

"Because I am a Trekkie you insensitive oaf. There is no way that I'm going to watch that slop, when it's obvious that Star Trek is much better." he pointed out to Jackson, who looked taken aback. 

"You are a Trekkie?" he said with a look of disdain on his face. "Children pissing in a pond that's too big for them with a luke warm story line. And why don't they wear seatbelts or something? They're forever falling all over the place!" he frowned at Raymond, hoping to make him understand how daft Star Trek was.

"You're a moron. You can't compare the social commentary and social ground that Star Trek broke, along with everything that's really cool, with a great story line. There is nothing to compare it to. I'm sorry," he shook his head vigorously, "that's where I draw the line with you Jackson. Get out of my house you heathen." he pointed to the front door. Amazed at how stupid Jackson was. Who the hell didn't like Star Trek? It's unheard of! His wiring must not be firing correctly. It was just dumb.

"Okay, well catch something else, will you get dressed now my cute little unicorn." he grinned.

"Don't judge me okay? It's my house and I can waltz around naked if I want to." he snapped moving off toward the bedroom to get dressed. "I can waltz with you!" Jackson called out smiling at the idea.