The Deserter

The gang knew that they were near a Fire Nation colony. Momo lands on a roadside kiosk, while Team Avatar is arriving at it. Katara walking toward a poster on the kiosk, present in the middle of a crossroad. "This should give us a good idea of what's around here."

Sokka flips a small pouch to find it empty aside from a few crumbs. "See if you can find a menu, I'm starving!"

"The reason most of our food is gone is because you ate most of it." Ceres says.

"NOT TRUE!!" Sokka argued.

"Oh it's so true." Ceres says.

"And to think I missed you." Sokka muttered.

"I bet we'll find something to eat here, the Fire Day's Festival." Aang points at a poster. Momo jumps down. Aang begins reading-out the poster, "Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians..." He then turns to Katara and Ceres. "This would be a great place for me to study some real firebenders."

Sokka looking at another poster on the other side of the kiosk; seriously. "You might wanna rethink that. Look at this."

Aang and Ceres look at the what Sokka was talking about. It was a wanted poster of Ceres and Aang and the price for their capture was high.

"Hey, a poster of me!" Aang says excitedly.

"A wanted poster! This is bad." Sokka said.

"I'll say I'm worth twice as much as what the Fire Nation is offering." Ceres joked.

"How can you joke at a time like this!" Sokka shouts.

"It's my defense mechanism." Ceres says.

Aang removes the poster from the wall and starts reading it.

"I think we better keep moving." Katara suggested.

"I have to learn firebending at some point and this could be my only chance to watch a master's up close." Aang says.

"Oh no! We're not having you learn the elements at random. Mom and the monks said that you have to learn them in order." Ceres says.

'Apparently your brother is in a hurry.' Raijin said in her head.

'Shut up!' Ceres said to him as she smacked the back in her head.

'Rude!'

"But Ceres what are the chances of us finding a firebender worthy to teach me. This could be our chance to find one." Aang said.

"I get that Aang, but I want you to do this in order without you turning into charcoal." Ceres says.

"I guess we could go check it out." Katara says.

Aang begins rejoicing.

"Katara!" Ceres says in shock.

"Just for some food and see some firebending." Katara reassures.

"What? You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired-up with their ... you know, fire?" Sokka opposes.

Aang becomes serious again.

Katara starts walking toward Appa and is followed by Aang.

"We'll wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave." Katara suggested.

"Yeah! Because we always leave before we get into trouble." Sokka said Not convinced; sarcastically.

"You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival." Aang says to Appa and Momo. He then turned to the gang, "Ready disguises!"