The Avatar State

꧁꧂

Ceres POV

Ceres was restless, after the whole ordeal with the Northern Water Tribe she just didn't have the heart to sleep. All she could do was look up at the ceiling and reflect on what was to come.

She then could hear Aang tossing and turning in his sleep. She got up to try to wake him. It was a nightmare. "Aang? Aang?! You're having a nightmare!"

Aang awakes from it in a cold sweat and gasping for air. He looks at his sister and gives her a tight embrace. "You okay?"

"No, I'm not." He then leaves the room where they were sleeping and goes up to the deck of the ship. Ceres follows him and walks out to meet him.

"Aang talk to me. What's wrong?" Ceres asked.

"Aang? Ceres?" The siblings turned to see Katara.

"Sorry, did we wake you?" Ceres asked.

"No, I was already awake," Katara said. She then turned her attention to Aang, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nah, just a nightmare. I was in the Avatar State, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scared." Aang said.

Ceres hugged her brother as the three started into the horizon.

꧁꧂

Gang POV

Early in the morning, it was obvious that Ceres did not get enough sleep. Her eyes were almost darkened and she kept yawning every two minutes.

"Ceres would you stop that!" Sokka said as he yawned. "It's too early for that."

"Well, I'm so sorry if my restlessness is such an inconvenience to you," Ceres said sarcastically.

Sokka then changed the subject, "So Ceres out of curiosity, what was your dad like? Was he a warrior like me or a bender like Aang?"

Ceres looks at her friend questionably, "Why do you ask?"

Sokka blinks and tries to make a good excuse, "Well, you and Aang always talk about your mom and we rarely hear your dad."

"Well, he wasn't born in the Air Nation. He was welcomed to it by Gyatso and was trained to be a medicine man. Plus warriors weren't quite welcomed at the temples." Ceres said.

Sokka had a pondering look on his face. Ceres got even more suspicious. He noticed her look and gave a nervous giggle. Sokka never asked questions like that. He was respectful enough to not bring up everything that happened when she was with Zuko. Ceres then continued to get Appa ready.

Pakku then walks up to the group and says to Katara, "Katara, I want you to have this." He gives her a flask. "This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it."

"That's an awesome gift," Ceres said to her friend.

Katara smiled, "Thank you, Master Pakku."

Pakku grabs a small box from one of the men and hands it to Aang, "Aang, these scrolls will help you master water bending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master."

Aang looks up at Katara and blushes.

Pakku then grabs another item from the men and gives it to Ceres, "These belonged to a friend of mine, and thought it would be better in your capable hands."