The Seige of the North Pole Part 1

Ceres watched as Katara was battling a boy named Sangok. She drank a cup of tea that Pakku prepared for her. Katara's progress was amazing increasing as a Waterbender.

Sangok looks at Katara with a frightened expression on his face, shaking slightly. He summons a globule of water, freezes it into an iceball, and fires it at her. Katara, however, is quick to melt the iceball and, turning around swiftly, bends a wave of water at him, which she proceeds to freeze, thus suspending Sangok in an icy trap.

"Nice try, Pupil Sangok." Pakku said displeased. He then sets Sangok free from Katara's trap. "A couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge." Sangok falls to the ground dazed. "Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?" Several of the students shook their heads and admitted defeat. Pakku then turns towards Katara, "Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained." Katara smiled at his complement. "You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything."

Ceres sets her tea aside and walks towards her friend, "Yep she's the best."

Then the turn to Aang who is lying on the ground with a lazy smile, floating Momo around on an airball above him.

"Raw talent alone is not enough. Pupil Aang!" Pakku said.

He stops bending at the sound of his name; Momo lands on his head. "Yes, Master Pakku?"

"Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending." Pakku said sarcastically.

He jumps off the ground with airbending. "I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out."

He twists around, bending some snow around him to make a snowman of himself, which Momo knocks over.Pakku, Ceres and Katara who wear similar expressions of disdain.

"Aang your not going to improve anything if you goof around like this." Ceres advised him.

"I know." Aang said looking down.

Ceres exhaled, "Look I know you are doing your best,  but we need you to be at your game. Because when it come to the Fire Nation, I want you to fight for the family we have now."

Aang smiled and nodded.

"I'm going to take a walk. In the meantime, please focus on your lessons." Ceres said.

"Alright." Aang smiled.

Ceres patted him on the head and made her way out of the courtyard.

꧁꧂

Ceres wandered throughout the city and seeing everyone was happy and cheerful. A couple of children were playing nearby as they chased each other and giggled. She could see a couple lovingly watched the kids, assuming they are the parents. It almost reminded of Ceres of her family back when they were happy. Before her father left them.

Suddenly a headache was starting and Ceres knew what that meant. She rushed herself to an alleyway so no one saw her if she collapsed.

'Interesting? Isn't it? How so much happiness and joy in one place, could so easily be destroyed by hate and violence.'

"What are you talking about?!" Ceres said trying to keep herself together.

'You and your Avatar brother have no idea what is coming.'

Ceres vision began to darken and fade. She knew she was slipping from consciousness.

꧁꧂