Chapter 44

"Your mom's car? As in the woman that bought lingerie to you? The quite sexy kind?" Kevin says and I slap his chest with my phone making him scoff and grunt. I knew I shouldn't of have told him about that, but I had to that moment when he was looking through my stuff and found them.

"Yes, her." I annoyingly say and he snickers, earning a glare from me. "What time is it?" I ask him and he shrugs. I remember I'm holding my phone and check the time to see it's one in the afternoon. I need to be at work at three.

Today after a very long time I'm finally going back to work. I have seen Aaron and he has tried to talked to me a couple of times but I just told him that I forgot about everything and asked if I still had a job which he replied "you always had". It was sweet from him but it's all so I can forgive him and make up for what he did but now I couldn't care less about what happened. It did hurt, obviously, but I learned that I should try and let go of the past, because the past is the past, and I should only focus on the present and hope for the future.

"Do you think Aaron is already at work?" I ask Kevin and he furrows his eyebrows before shrugging at me. "How will I know?" He retorts and I roll my eyes as I let out a chuckle.

"Why? You want to go now to work? You sort of have makeup smeared all over your face and-"

"I get it Kevin, thanks for that. But I rather go to work looking like a monster than see my mom." I sigh and he half smiles at me before nodding.

I think I know why my mom is here. I think she has finally signed the divorce papers and I don't really know how to feel about that. Happy, sad, mad I don't know, I just don't feel anything. I always thought I will break if my parents ever got divorced, I did break but it was not just because of that, but I don't feel a bit of sadness. They had already got separated and those papers are only there to make it official. Well, I'm relieved no shit happened.

"Okay, and if it helps I have a bit of makeup shits in my car, they are my sister's." He tells me, snapping me out of my thoughts, and I smile at him, amused.

We get back in his car and he opens the glove box, which causes me to giggle as I see he indeed has makeup in it. "It's my sister's!" He groans and I laugh.

"I never said it was yours!" I laugh and take the tissue box out so I can wipe the makeup from my face.

"Do you really need to put on those things? You are fine just like that, all natural." He says as he starts the car and I sweetly smile at him.

"That's sweet. I'm glad you follow your own advice." I say and he furrows his eyebrows, confused until he realizes what I have just told him.

"It's my sister's makeup, Jesus!" He cries and I laugh.

He drives away from my house but not goes to my work's direction, he takes the other turn instead which causes me to look at him confused. "Where are you going?" I ask him and he mischievously smiles at me before turning to look back at the road.

"Kevin!" I try to sound threatening and scary but he ignores me. I sigh knowing he won't tell me where are we going and continue fixing my makeup.

I quickly finish doing my makeup, as I only needed mascara and eyeliner, and I look around to see I have lost track and have no idea where we are. "I have my phone I can just call my dad and tell him you are kidnapping me." I say as I show him my screen cracked phone and he looks at my phone before snatching it from my hand making my eyes widen at his quick action. He places the phone in his pocket and returns his hand to the wheel.

"At least talk!" I whine and he chuckles.

"We are just going to the movie theatre." He says and I thank god for finally letting him speak. "I think you have cracked the screen." I say as I lean on the window.