Chapter 47

We have a double date tonight thanks to Ashley and I'm not so happy about it. If Ashley were my date I wouldn't have a problem, but I do because my date is Mary, the redhead from the skatepark. I have nothing against her, I'm just not interested on her and I don't want to go on this date.

After Tobey called and interrupted our conversation he asked Ashley out on a date. She said yes but only because I angered her by saying your boyfriend is calling. Stupid move. Although she then realized what she got herself into and decided to drag me along with her because she said it was all my fault. Gee, thanks Ashley. Although, I prefer it this way. No way I'm letting her go on a date with him or anybody.

I come out of my house and wait for Ashley next to my car. We are supposed to meet them at the bowling alley.

I take my phone out to text her to come down but then I hear a door slam shut. I look up and see her approaching me. She is wearing shorts along with a tank top that says, "Mermaids have more fun", on top of it a creamy cardigan and some converse shoes. She looks beautiful but I'm not happy she's wearing this to the date.

She smiles as she stands in front of me and I unlock the car before getting inside. After a few seconds she gets in and looks at me with a puzzled look.

"What's wrong?" She asks as she puts on the seatbelt, struggling to put it at first but then succeeds.

"Can't you change?" I ask and she frowns as she looks down at her outfit.

"W-why? I thought it looked okay, uh, and it's really hot tonight, and I-"

"I'm sorry. You look beautiful. I just don't want Tobey or anyone to look at you in an inappropriate way." I say and start the car.

"People's thought are not going to stop me from wearing what I like." She says and I smile. I'm so glad she is gaining confidence but right now I would like her to change into some sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt.

"I'm so glad you think that way. But I still don't want Tobey to look at you in any kind of way." I say and she chuckles.

"You should accompany me to my group therapy, they can try to help you with your craziness." She giggles and I smile.

"But what if I don't want to be cured? What if I want to be crazy for you forever?" I turn to look at her and notice her red cheeks. She turns to look at the window immediately and I let out a small laugh.

The rest of the ride is silent but the music that plays on the background softly. It's not awkward or anything, it's nice and comfortable. I did notice her glance at me a couple of times, but I obviously did too.

We come out of the car and see them at the entry. Mary starts waving at us and I notice Tobey look at Ashley in the way I was expecting him to. Ashley smiles at them and greets them both with a kiss on the cheek. Mary hugs me and I give a nod to Tobey.

"I hope you are good at bowling, because I'm a professional." Tobey winks at Ashley and she laughs.

"Professional? The only time you did a strike was when they raised the bumpers for you." This causes me to laugh and he glares at Mary for saying that. Maybe tonight will be fun.

We get inside the bowling alley and head to pay for a game and shoes. Tobey pays for Ashley even though she insisted to pay for herself and I pay for Mary, after all she is my date. We get our shoes and head to our lane.

"I'm going to get some nachos. Ashley come with me?" Tobey looks at her and Ashley nods.

They go get nachos and I glare at him as he wraps an arm around her shoulder. I sit and change shoes, while cursing under my breath. Forget what I said before, this night is going to be terrible.