19. It Stays in the Pit

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?"

   Nia mutters under her breath as she enters Pogtopia, only to see Tubbo, Wilbur, Niki and Sara standing together at one place, staring into a pit in the ravine. She approaches it, being met with the sight of Tommy and Technoblade inside the pit.

   Tommy has a deathly stare as he gazes at Technoblade, while the piglin looks more uncertain about the situation.

   "Are you sure you wanna do this, Tommy?" he questions. "I mean, we can settle our feelings with our fists, but when we come out of here . . . win or lose, no hard feelings. It stays in the pit."

   Technoblade glances at Wilbur, noticing Nia standing behind the tall man. She eyes both Technoblade and Tommy with a look of disappointment, which she hasn't been able to get rid of since her short conversation with Dream.

   "What are you doing?" Nia speaks up, perking up the attention of everyone.

   They turn around to face her, and Wilbur steps forward with a content smile across his lips.

   "Nia! What a great timing! You get to see Tommy and Techno fight in the pit!" he grins widely. "You see, Tommy's kinda mad at Techno for almost killing Tubbo, so now they're going to have a boxing match!"

   "You realize one of them is going to get hurt, right?"

   Nia cocks her head to the side, knowing very well that the one she's talking about is Tommy. She's seen enough teenage boys be hurt today.

   Wilbur laughs almost maniacally, nodding.

   "I know, Nia! But that's the point," he says, pointing at the boy and the piglin inside the pit. "There's a lot of anger going on there, in this guy," says Wilbur, pointing at Tommy. "That's what makes it so interesting."

   Nia glances at Niki, Sara and Tubbo. All three of them shrug, not knowing what's gotten into Wilbur.

   "He's been like this ever since we got back," Sara whispers, making sure that only Nia can hear her. "He's been trying to rile Tommy minutes prior, too. I don't— I don't know what's going on."

   "Anyways!" Wilbur clasps his hands together, his attention reverting back to Tommy and Technoblade again. "It stays in the pit!" he chuckles to himself, glancing between the two. "I really like that one."

   "You hurt Tubbo, Techno," says Tommy. "You killed my right-hand man . . . y—you referred to J Schlatt as Mr. President—"

   "Well, he is the President," Technoblade interjects to defend himself. "Even if I'm not a part of the country, that still— that's still a title."

   Nobody can really argue with that statement.

   "Do it," Wilbur whispers to Tommy, coming closer to the blonde boy. "Punch him, Tommy."

   Tommy looks at the man that used to be the President of his country before staring at Technoblade.

   "I'm not doing this for Wilbur," the boy says. "None of this is to do with Wilbur anymore. You just— you betrayed us, Techno . . . you betrayed us."

   "I was peer pressured!" Techno objects.

   "You can't just keep saying that!" Tommy exclaims.

   "Yes, he can," Nia interjects, shaking her head. "I mean, where the fuck were you, Tommy, when you had the chance to step in and stop Schlatt from having Technoblade kill Tubbo, huh? Where were you? I had to fight Punz to even try and stop it from happening. What did you do, besides standing in place, watching it all unravel?"