27. Only If My Enemy Insists

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

i wish you a very destructive (happy) 16th November anniversary !

   NIA WAKES UP EARLY.

   Anticipation fills the woman's veins as she quietly makes her way towards her equipment, putting it all on. She knows that she will either have to wake up the other Pogtopians or wait for them to wake up. But for the moment, she enjoys the silence, the only sound filling the spacious ravine being other people's peaceful breathing.

   Nia claims a piece of bread, carrots and steak for herself as breakfast before making her way out of Pogtopia. She checks the golden apple given to her by Technoblade, making sure that it's still in the small pouch on her belt.

   She moves slowly so as to not make a sound, but her weapons still rattle quietly as she ascends the stairs. Only a few people stir in their sleep, but none of them fully wake up.

   It's very early in the morning, Nia finds out. The sun hasn't even begun to rise, and she regrets not having a clock anywhere in Pogtopia. Nevertheless, she sits down in front of the entrance to the cave, enjoying her breakfast, breathing in fresh and cold air.

   It calms her pounding heart.

   She has never fought a war before. And while she realizes this might not be as bad as a fully-fledged war could've been, there is still the notion of death hanging right above her head.

   Nia sits on a rock by the river, staring at the plain across. It's filled with flowers that are waiting for the sun to come out. She hugs her knees to her chest, simultaneously watching the sky.

   It turns from a star-filled dark blue to orange within the next hour of her sitting there in peace, listening to cicadas and the rustling of leaves. In a way, she can sense the forest and the nature around her are trying to calm her. She even spots a crow, sitting on a log, gazing straight at her.

   "How long have you been up?" questions a familiar voice.

   Nia turns her head slightly, catching sight of Technoblade without his mask on. His hair is in a braid this time, but otherwise he's in his full gear, just like Nia. He's much more stacked, she'd say, having as many weapons on him as possible, not to mention the potions as well.

   Something shiny on his fingers catches her attention however. "What are those?" she asks, pointing at the two rings on his hand, both made out of iron, but shining with a translucent gem that somehow resembles the stars on Sara's halo.

   "Wither stars," says Techno proudly, not even trying to hide it. A smirk makes its way to his lips as Nia blankly stares at him. "I did say that I have the materials to summon two creatures of mass destruction." He shrugs.

   "Do you plan to use them today?" Nia asks bluntly.

   "If it's necessary." Technoblade nods.

   She does so as well. She can understand that reasoning.

   "Is everyone else still asleep?"

   "They'll be out in a minute. We should be heading out soon. It's almost time," Techno says, his gaze rising to the sky. It's covered in red, orange and yellow, mixing with a light blue as the sun slowly rises.