32. Yours Truly, Nia

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

yoo, thank you for 1k reads! anyways, just wanted to say this is the last update in a while, because i've run out of pre-written chapters due to assignments and i also have to plan the fic further again ??? but tbh, think of it as like . . . a break before a different act because we're moving into season 2 of the dream smp haha

   DEAR TECHNOBLADE,

   I'm leaving the kingdom.

   I wanted to tell you personally, unfortunately, I couldn't find you anywhere. I've been to the spot where we used to meet nearly everyday, but you haven't been there for the past three days that I've tried coming there. I suppose you're busy planning to overthrow the king, which I fully support, but I wish you had stopped by.

   So, I figured the next best way to tell you is to leave this letter at our spot.

   By now, you're probably wondering why I'm leaving the kingdom. It's quite a funny story, actually. Because, you see, I know it's the worst way possible to inform you of this, but my real name is Queenie.

   I'm the princess of the kingdom you want to destroy.

   I won't make excuses for why I didn't tell you. I would say that I never found the right time to tell you, but that would be bullshit. I could've told you at any time. I was just scared that it would change the way you view me, which to this day, I hope is positive.

   Because, frankly, I care about you, Technoblade. I wish you knew how much. I wish I could tell you personally how much you mean to me, in fact. I never got to tell you before, and now I regret it, because I have to leave.

   I am leaving tomorrow. That is the day of my wedding.

   Believe it or not, my father has arranged for me to marry a king I have never met in my life. Which, to be fair, is what usually happens to royalty, isn't it? And I think that before I met you, I would've simply taken the loss and done whatever my father asked of me.

   But the problem is, I met you. And you taught me that nobody should have that kind of power over us. Or any power, really. We should be the constructors of our own fate. My father shouldn't have the ability to tell me who to love and who to marry. For political reasons, of all things. Almost like I'm a mere object to be given away in exchange for land and more power.

   I'm pretty sure that's what my father sees me as anyway.

   I can't marry someone I don't love, however. Not when I know that there is someone else out there; someone that I do love.

   That someone is you, Techno. I love you.

   Of course, I can't do anything about it if you don't feel the same way. But that doesn't mean I will mindlessly agree to a marriage with a man I've never met. Never would I have been able to spend the rest of my life by that man's side, whoever he is.

   You have become my friend, Techno. It means more to me than you could ever imagine.

   I originally planned to ask you whether I can leave the kingdom with you. I know you've been planning to leave after the monarchy falls, and I would've gladly helped you. But I can't find you, and therefore, all I can ask of you is to find me.