Chapter 10

Velvet's POV
"YOU BASTARD!" Reinz screamed as me and dad had to hold him back. I winced as he slammed his elbow against my face.

Reinz Armitage is the son of Richard Armitage and Q's best friend. Brilliant hacker and a loyal friend. He's as stubborn and hardheaded as Q at times, but he's also protective. Not the best person to ask for advice though.

"Son of a-" I hooked my arm, around his neck, squeezing. As soon as Reinz went limp, Dad set him in the hospital cot. Mum rushed forward, checking out my now broken nose.

Q was in a coma. A medically induced coma. If she were to be awake, then she would be experiencing a tremendous amount of pain. She has multiple broken and cracked bones, internal and external bleeding, bruising specifically around her ribs and facial area, and a concussion, but the light side is that she isn't brain dead. Though I have been personally informed by the doctor that she may experience amnesia when they wake her. It is to be expected since she had experienced head trauma due to hitting her head on the cement road. Quite the miracle that she had no brain damage actually.

"I'm fine." I waved her off, pressing my fingers just above my nostrils and under the bridge of my nose. She frowned, but had a nurse get me a wet towel and a couple paper towels.

She scowled, "Look you've got blood all over your shirt now." I sniffed, using the wet towel to wipe the drying blood on my mouth and chin. "I'll get you another one from home later."

"Thanks, mum." I replied, smiling.

Dad folded his arms, glaring at Michael as he sat in the corner of the room. I sighed, he needs some comfort.

Walking towards him, I leaned against the wall. "Look, I'm not happy about what happened to Q. However, it's not all your fault." I chuckled. "You and I know she's quite the hot head at times."

"But it is my fault!" Michael said in a shaky voice. "If I hadn't said it-"

I awkwardly patted his back as he began to sob softly. I am not the best person to comfort anybody now that I think of it.

"Here, have a drink." Mom offered, handing him a cup of water. She rubbed his back when I stepped away and walked out of the room.

The doctor I had been talking to earlier had been waiting outside. "Ms. Ramsey, there's no other way to say this, but..." he sighed. "I was looking over her brain activity, and it seems that Ms. Fassbender is brain dead."

A/N: ... Please don't kill me