Chapter 3

Published: December 30
Revised: March 19

Putting the rest of my clothes into the drawer, I looked around the large trailer given to Michael and myself. Originally it had been smaller, but the producers didn't mind giving us a bigger one since I had come on set to play as a stand-up for lights, places, and props.

Unfortunately, this job required me to act as if I were the actor playing the character. So, I had to wake up at an even earlier time than Michael.

Today, we're filming in a closed studio with a replica boat platform and a water tank for my dad to swim in.

I arrive on time while Michael, James, and the rest of the cast head off for make-up. A stunt man hooks me into a harness, telling and re-telling that should I ever need to release the lock, I'll have to pull back the clip.

My legs swing over the metal platform, dangling over the small drop. With a small breath, I fall in.

Water engulfs my senses. My eyes squeeze shut as a small reaction but I opened them after a little while. I swam to the surface, taking a reflexive gasp of air as I broke through.

"You okay down there?" Bryan Singer asked as the lighting crew worked with the cameramen. He nodded when I gave him a thumbs up. After an okay from one of the interns, he turned back towards me. "Alright, Q, I'm going to need you to throw up one of your arms. Eric's just emerge from the water- trying to get Shaw out of the water. The harness you have on is going to drag you a little ways forward."

"Got it!"

Arm up, I'm suddenly yanked forward. I hear a small cry of warning just as I had come to a slow stop.

"MOVE! MOVE! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

There was a creaking noise above my head, and above me, a lighting rail hanging on by a few wires. Time slowed when the wires holding it snapped.

I swam back when I should have swam forward.

The metal bar caught onto the rope linked to my harness, pulling me beneath the frigid depths of the dark water. My hand reached out to grab onto someone- something- but to no avail.

Something else snagged onto my harness and slowly brought me down to the bottom of the tank. Trapped between the glass base and the bar, I begin to panic.

My legs are somehow wrapped in the harness's rope and my arms weren't long enough to reach them nor could I wiggle out of them. My lungs begin to burn from the little air trapped within me. If I did take a moment to let go, I'd be dead in seconds.

A dull cracking noise catches my attention as I attempted on working on getting my harness off. Glancing to my left, I noted how close I had been to the glass. The spider web cracks are close enough to touch. To push against.

The slightest bit of pressure, and it could all come crashing done on the entire crew on the other side.

Rescue divers came to surround me. One had an extra tank for me to take. The mouth piece went in, and I breathed in with my mouth instead of my nose. After a moment or two, I tapped one diver's shoulder and gestured towards the cracks.

The rest of the divers saw it too. They quickly freed the ropes with several cuts and removed any wiring that could wrap around my limbs, and lifted the bar high enough for me to free myself. Someone had given be a bit of oxygen again so I wouldn't lose anymore air as I moved.

With a light push, I managed to get out from under the bar and away just as the glass gives way.

Water floods out, I and several others had been pulled with the current. We land on the cold hard floor, water still pushing us along. I coughed a bit, seeing that I had accidentally not only swallowed but also managed to breathe the water.

"Oh...I am so not doing this shot again." I breathed as Michael came to help me up. One step and my left leg gives out from under me.