Chapter 14

Velvet and I were hanging out in one of the four science labs. She was helping me catch up on my school work. Dissections. "This is so fun!" Velvet stated happily, cutting into the small pig. "We aught to do this more often."

I gagged. The smell was horrible. I feel like throwing up. This is the same way I felt when Velvet was cutting into that cadaver at that one place, except less nauseous.

"I know right." My biology teacher agreed, switching to a better diagram on his PowerPoint. "Most of the female students in my class were grossed out."

"Mr. Davids, this is disgusting! Does the smell not bother you at all?" I asked, pressing my wrist against my nose. My hand was gloves and covered in... juices. Gross!

Before the short man (A/N: My bio teacher is 5'2", so I based Mr. Davids off of him) could answer, gunshots were heard. The loud speaker came on and Mr. Feris, the school's principal, came on. His voice was shaking. "A-all students and teachers must report to the auditorium. Immediately." Then nothing.

We waited for a couple of minutes, anticipating whether any enemies would check the rooms. Velvet and I thought they would and we were right. Armed men then burst into the room, pointing handguns at us. Velvet leapt over the table as I pulled Mr. Davids down. The two of watched as bullets hit the wall and tables before us, hearing grunts and shouts. Glasses were heard breaking and the recognizable sound of people being tossed around and punched was heard as well.

"Alright, we've got to move." Velvet announced in a strained tone. She was leaning against the wall, pressing a hand to her side. Blood was pooling on her shirt and leaking through her fingers. "Anyway we can sneak out?"

Velvet was someone to be feared alright. Three men surrounded her, dead and at her feet. Blood was splattered on her clothing and her purple eyes blazed with a raging fury. Even I felt a little scared.

"I'm not leaving." I said, grabbing some gloves and a clean scalpel. "My friends and teachers are down there as hostages. I'm not abandoning them."

She bit into her palm as I cut and dug the bullet out. Mr. Davids had heated a metal rod at one of the mini-stoves and pressed the red hot metal against the wound. Velvet let out a shout, slamming her fist against the metal counter by her left. "What do you propose, Q?" I thanked Mr. Davids when he gave me the alcohol drenched paper towel.

Wiping away the blood around the inflamed area, I took a breath. "Find out who's here and why."

I suppose my 'revenge' on Luna can wait. More important matters are at hand.

A/N: We've reached a thousand reads. Thank you for those who stuck around. It's not the best story line and it definitely is random, but hey, I enjoy writing it. Also, I apologize for not updating in a while, school is about to end and teachers are trying to get every last bit of information in before finals. Oh, and yes my biology teacher is actually 5'2". I remember when I was in his class and I shouted at my friend, who took my fabulous purple pen and refused to give it back, that I wrote fanfiction with it a moment ago... and he was standing right there. I was sitting there thinking 'Well, shit, this is awkward'.