Chapter 5

The ball went ten feet away. "That was your best kick?" I questioned James. "Really?" Training James for Soccer Aid is beginning to try what little patience I have in me.

"Hey, don't question me? I'm under a lot of pressure!" James protested, blushing furiously.

Velvet, who was standing beside James as Gordon was doing the same exercises, snickered. I stuck my tongue at her, putting my hands in my pockets.

"What pressure, there's no one here." I exclaimed, looking around the pitch. Everyone went for a lunch break, leaving James, my best friend and her adopted father here.

"Except for dad, myself, and the camera crew getting stationed off to the side there." Velvet pointed out. "You need to focus on the ball."

Gordon laughed, kicking another ball. It landed a couple feet away from the goal. At least he was doing better than James. "Okay, how about a different exercise this time." I announced, holding up a bag of potatoes.

"You didn't!" Velvet gasped, glancing at the blonde German who was a bit preoccupied with kissing his Australian boyfriend. I totally ship it. "He's going to murder you."

"Why is that?" James asked, hands on his hips, panting after retrieving the ball. "Why are you holding a bag of potatoes?"

"I feel as if we are all going to die together." Gordon said, seeing as I took a large potato out of the bag. He knew what Luddy would do should his favorite food ever be wasted right in front of his very eyes.

Tossing it into my other hand, I held it up for them to see. "We are going to improve you're stamina and teamwork. So, I'm going to let you two be chased by that German over there. I'd like to point out this is one of his favorite foods to dine on. So I wouldn't recommend dropping and squishing it." Velvet caught one, giving it to James. "Good luck!" I called for Luddy, pointing to James who questioned the potato he held it in his hands. This is gonna be good.

Velvet and I watched as Luddy quite literally ditched West and went for the surprised Scottish actor, reaching for the potato. Sometimes I question Velvet's choice of friends, especially the German.

"Dad is gonna kill me when we get home." Velvet stated, watching as James tossed the potato to Gordon which caused Ludwig to chase after him.

Then the potato flew into her hands. Uh-oh...