Chapter 35

This is the last chapter of Jack Of Clubs. Thank you for reading! I would like to apologize for the grammatical, typographical, and punctuation errors that you've encountered thus far. With that, enjoy reading the last narration of Agent Astrid Haven Fuentabella.

Until the next sunset,

Viserion.

♧♧♧

Maybe the saying 'the apple doesn't fall far from its tree' is somewhat true.

Hindi maitatanggi na magkamukha talaga sila. From the shape of their face down to their blue eyes, it's obvious that Loki came from the womb of the woman in front of us. Parang tinitingnan ko ang babaeng version ni Loki sa harapan ko.

The paintings didn't give her justice. Up close, she looks like an angel that fell from the heavens. Her loose blond curls cascaded down her slim shoulders. Her blue eyes were the brightest shade of blue I've ever seen. Mukha siyang inosente at 'di makabasag-pinggan. Nakikita ko ang pagkulubot ng kaniyang balat ngunit ang ganda pa din niyang tingnan.

I would've been in awe if only her long nails weren't stroking the cheeks of my sleeping son.

Ngumiti siya ngunit mariin ang kaniyang titig. Nakaupo siya sa tabi ni Jeime habang nakatagilid ang anak namin. Naririnig ko ang marahan na paghilik niya habang hinahaplos ni Greta Sarmiento ang kaniyang pisngi bago hinawi ang buhok mula sa mukha ni Jeime.

"He looks like you, Viserys," si Greta Sarmiento habang nakatingin pa rin kay Jeime. "I wonder if he is like you, as well. I wonder how long will he turn his back against you... Eighteen years? Twenty-seven years?"

"Mamma-"

Bumaling sa kaniya si Greta Sarmiento. "Did you enjoy your freedom while I was behind bars?"

Loki stiffened. Hindi ko makita ang mukha niya dahil nasa likod niya ako. The silence stretched while Greta Sarmiento stroked my son's cheekbones like she's drawing invisible patterns on his skin. Gustong-gusto ko siyang puntahan pero natatakot ako na may gawin siya kapag lumapit ako.

Lumipas ang ilang minuto at napangisi siya. "How old is he? Four? Five?"

Napalunok ako bago nagsalita. "Four, Ma'am."

Her eyes snapped at me, amusement was evident in her eyes. "Agent Astrid Fuentabella!" she exclaimed. "Didn't see you there."

Napalunok ako ngunit hindi ako nagsalita. Minsan lang ako ma-intimidate ngunit parang gusto kong tumiklop dahil sa paraan ng pagtitig niya. How is she able to pull off an angelic face with fury evident in her eyes?

Pabalik-balik ang tingin niya sa'min ni Loki. She was grinning but there was no humor in it. After a while, she giggled like she found something humorous.

"It makes perfect sense," aniya. "The two traitors found their way to each other."

Walang may nagsalita sa'min ni Loki. Parang mga tanga kami dito na hindi man lang kumikibo. My gaze was straight to her but I couldn't utter a single word. My jaw clenched because of everything that's going on.

"I heard you killed the executives in her agency?" bumaling siya kay Loki. "I mean, if you were at my side, I would've given you a pat on the back by now." Madali siyang ngumisi ngunit agad na sumeryoso. "But you aren't. And I'm pissed."

"Mamma-"

"So why, Viserys?" aniya. "Why did you betray me?"

Lumipas ang ilang segundo ngunit narinig ko ang tikhim ni Loki.