7. Refreshments

Preview - Would you like some nuts and drinks?

<At a hotel bar>

JK: Excuse me? Waitress: Would you like some nuts, a delightful appetizer, and drinks to quench your thirst? JK: Oh, no thank you, can I get some OJ instead? Thanks. <Mumbles to himself> That was strange. What was I thinking? Why did it seem like she was hitting on me? 

SH: <walks over out of nowhere> That's because I sent her over. JK: WTF SH. <looks around> Where did you come from? Are you stalking me? SH: I was going to ask the same. What are you doing here? JK: Nothing. Can't a guy get a drink? SH: OJ at a bar by yourself?

JK: I'm just waiting for a friend if you must know. SH: Who? JK: You don't know him. Besides I thought you never wanted to see me again. SH: That was yesterday. JK: Oh. So why are you here? SH: Product endorsement. <points to the sign> JK: Oh, nice. SH: You're here for speed dating, aren't you? JK: No, I'm not.

SH: You're kind of hard to read JK: Not really, I'm an open book. SH: So mysterious. JK: You can ask me anything. SH: So what kind of girl are you looking for? JK: Someone with a personality. SH: Well, you're in luck, I have several. JK: You're not my type. SH: What psycho? JK: Something like that.  SH: Isn't that kind of pathetic? JK: What? SH: You have to be a loser to be doing speed dating.

JK: I was curious, I wanted to meet people I would not normally meet in my stratosphere. You know, someone down to earth. SH: You mean losers and desperados, the lowest denomination in society? JK: What about you? SH: I can open up a magazine and point to a model and my agent would arrange the date. 

JK: Really, just like that? You would go out with someone based on looks alone. SH: Have you engaged in conversation with a model before? JK: Not really. SH: Well, I would advise against it. 

JK: So besides being a celebrity how would someone go out with them? SH: You just bait them with shining things cuz they're gold-diggers. JK: Where should one take them for a nice romantic dinner? SH: Don't even bother, there's no expensive wine that pairs well with half-eaten picked-on iceberg lettuce wedge salad that is barfed out afterward. So forget about snogging. JK: Would they even have the energy? 

SH: Exactly, you don't want a lock-jaw fainting incident with one of them. JK: <cringe> That can happen? SH: You're so clueless, but adorable. JK: Can they even finish? SH: They can't get pass the first chapter. JK: You read? SH: Of course, I'm educated. Not like mr. top SK university graduate know it all. JK: You read my article? SH: I don't have to. I can tell, just by looking at you. I read people like a book. JK: I'm deeper than that. SH: Does that actually work? JK: No comment. JK: I'm not hitting on you. SH: Why not? JK: <struggling, thinks> It's personal.

SH: How could you be the same guy from your magazine cover?

JK: What makes you think I'm not. Wait, OMG, did you pick me out from the magazine, and it's all been a setup by your agent? <covers his chest> SH: Don't flatter yourself, I don't even read business magazines. <Points to the magazine with JK's cover on the other table.> 

JK: Oh, well, I guess my cover is blown. I didn't want anyone to know who I was. I just wanted to be normal with a normal gf, go out on a normal date, hold hands, make her dinner, have a picnic, take her to the amazement park, teach her a sport, go shopping, get a photo booth pic, play charade, do couple things, give her flowers, remember her birthday, wear couple outfits, go to the arcade and win her a stuffed animal, you know normal stuff, and slowly win her over with my charm. <sigh>