Chapter 3 The Bet

Chapter 3

Other players wanted to join the game

Other players wanted to join the game. They didn't want to play with Namjoon, but after seen that the richest Pirate wanted to join the game, more people went for it too. They all starter with low bets, just a one or two coins. That give Jungkook the perfect opportunity to learn Namjoon's weakness, like his old friend Jack said, he has an specific expression when he has when he has no game to win, and didn't took to long for Jungkook to find that specific gesture. Namjoon suck his inner cheeks, making his lower jaw come forward. It was hard to miss but apparently the rest of the players didn't catch that. Maybe was that Jack taught him well and little things like this seem very noticeable for him.

Jungkook let Namjoon win at first, eve though he has the better cards, he just retreat, making Nam wind a lot of his money on purpose. He wanted him to think that Jungkook was just not good at the game, making him trust that he could could easily win every time. Secretly Jungkook was hard against other player, not letting them win, but made Namjoon think he had the upper cards. Jungkook wanted specifically for Namjoon to feel good at playing, to let him trust, to that this night was his night, and Namjoon was feeling invincible. That was it, that was his tactic, he never suspect all this was part of his plan, that all this was a trap.

"Are you in or out?" Ask Namjoon, feeling optimistic that he had a good game on hands. Jungkook went in, and pay the money to continue the game. Other players retreat, it was getting to much to pay, but Nam was positive this game was his to win, like all the other games he won that night. So Namjoon raise the bet even more, Jungkook pay the raise it, he add some extra. Nam stare at Jungkook, having the feeling that he was bluffing, he give him a smile and pay the raise. He had the money, money he just took from Jungkook and the other players just moments ago. Now the table was full of gold, but he was sure all that was his, there was no doubt about it.

"How about if I bet my ship?" Ask Jungkook.

"Your ship?" Everyone knew Jungkook's ship was worth more than anything anyone could pay. That caught the attention of all the people in the bar. No one ever bet so much in one single night. Sure Namjoon was rich, at least that's what he wanted everyone to think, but everyone knew the reality that he was broke, he lost all his wealth year ago gambling, now he lives out of appearances, Taehyung has been the one who has been carry all the expenses from the house, and thanks to his knew husband, now Yoongi was supporting all of them. But that was something Namjoon wasn't going to tell anyone.

Namjoon hesitated if he should go on or not. There was already a lot of gold on the table, if he retreat, he lose all the gold, and Jungkook wins by default, but he was so sure he had a chance to win, he had a good game. But wasn't sure what to bet that can pay the amount worth for his ship.

"What do you want for that bet?" Ask Nam.