Chapter 4 Innocence

Chapter 4

Jimin woke up that morning and went to the market next to the pier

Jimin woke up that morning and went to the market next to the pier. Even from there you could see the the tall mast of the new ship protruding from the horizon. It was the biggest ship that ever anchor in this town, and Jimin was amazed to see such beautiful thing. He heard about it, it been here for a couple of months, but he hasn't seen him until now. Jimin stare at such beautiful thing in amaze. He wasn't particularly fan of ships, but he has traveled in them before when he went across continents for his charity work, and this ship was by far the most gorgeous he ever seen.

That's when he notices something particular about the people around

That's when he notices something particular about the people around. Everybody seem to stare at him. People passing by just look at him and whispers, as if Jimin couldn't notices people talking about him. Is there something wrong with him. Jimin touch his face thinking if there was something there, or maybe his clothes are dirty or something. But he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Why is people whispering when they walk near him.

"Minjae, come over here" Jimin call one of the kids he teach in the local community center. The boy walk to his teacher unsure if he should even get near him.

"Minjae, what's going on? Why is everyone looking at me like that?" Jimin ask, the boy who didn't seem older than nine years old, hesitated but he end up speaking.

"Your father played poker last night with Captain Jeon" said the boy innocently.

"Is Captain Jeon the owner of that ship?" Jimin ask pointing at the tall mast. The boy nodded "Ok, but what is that has to do with me"

"My father said that the Governor lost against the Captain the biggest bet of the century"

"What did he lose?"

"Captain Jeon bet his ship" said the boy. Jimin eyes widen. What could possible his father bet against that ship?

"If my father lost the game... What did he bet?" Jimin ask with hesitation. There's nothing his father owns that can match that ship. Jimin knows his dad is broke, not even his house could be as expensive at that ship.