Episode 3

Maya and Manya resumed school and their lectures started in no time.
*At Maya's campus*

Lecturer: Once again, I welcome you all to school and I advise you that in order to be successful you have to put in hard work and determination in your school work and also be careful with the type of friends you keep. Is that taken by you all?
Students: yes sir!
Lecturer: Now we are going to treat some questions so as to test your individual knowledge on sums. Is that okay by you all?
Students: Alright sir!
Lecturer: factorize completely |x    x³|
|y.   y³|
Students: (murmmuring, some are trying to solve and Maya is really serious)
Maya: (murmmuring to herself) This question... yeah it's under matrix I'm very sure. Let me quickly solve.
Lecturer: anyone with a solution yet? Please signify.
Maya: (raises her hand) excuse me sir.
Lecturer: Yes young lady
Maya: I have the answer
Students: (murmmuring whoa! Wow! Intellect! Lecturer nods)
Maya: xy (y-x)(y+x)
Lecturer: young lady please come forward and explain to the class.
Maya: (feels shy) well, sir I.. okay no problem sir.
Lecturer: come on
Maya: (standing at front of the class and collect the board pen from the lecturer) Hello everyone, I'm Maya and this question is not a difficult one at all as it requires no calculations. You'll realize when you study it well that it's under matrix.
Lecturer: Go on Maya, you're absolutely correct.
Maya: (Smiles and faces the board) and the calculations goes like this. (Starts to write on the board) the question equals xy³ - x³y. Factor out the common term to have xy (y²-x²). Note that y²-x² is a difference of two squares and then the final answer becomes, xy (y-x)(y+x). That's all.
Lecturer: Exactly Maya, you're absolutely correct. Be sure to applaud this lady she's very intelligent.
Students: (clapping and murmmuring wow!)

The class finally ended for the day and Maya became the talk on every students lips.

*At Manya's school*

Manya: Oh my! I'm having lectures by 10:00am and the time is 9:30am now. I have only thirty minutes to get prepared. (Completes her prayers and scurried into the bathroom)

Thirty minutes passed by and Manya is now five minutes late. She enters the lecture theater after running and stopped at the door once she sights the lecturer.
Manya: Good morning sir (shocked)
Lecturer: you why are you late for my class?
Manya: Well sir I... actually, I... well I...
Lecturer: Next time, do not come late for my class okay?
Manya: (Nods her head)
Lecturer: Go and sit. Alright class...
Manya: Thank you sir! ( Rushes into the class and stares at everywhere until she found a space beside a girl)

Hardly had Manya settled down than a guy came and sat down beside her.

Guy: Wats up
Manya: (looks beside her and sees the guy) Hey you! What are you doing here? Why did you have to sit down here?

The guy didn't hear as Manya was half yelling as he was putting on earphones and she had to hit him which made him pull out the earphones immediately.

Guy: girl why did you hit me?
Manya: (Whisper-yelling) You are a fool. I asked you why you are sitting down here but you were busy listening to music.
Guy: (almost whispering) hey, how do you even know that?
Manya: (whisper-yelling) Am not blind you can see. Why are you sitting down here and beside a girl? Don't you have any shame at all?
Guy: (Almost whispering) Take it easy girl. I came through the back door and I didn't want the lecturer to see me that's why I choose to sit at a near seat.
Manya: How foolish!

Manya's seatmate who had earlier on introduced herself as kajal also interfered.

Kajal: What a great match for you two. Both of you came late for class and now you're snaring at each other.
Manya: Don't say that kajal, he's to blame, he came through the back door and sat down beside me.
Guy: But I didn't do anything wrong
Manya: what do you mean you did nothing wrong. You are at fault and you should get up now, go, get up...

Their voices were becoming clear and the lecturer noticed.

Lecturer: Hey you two I've been taking a close watch on you, you came late and now you're disturbing my class. Get out now
Manya: But sir he...
Lecturer: No excuses, you two should get out of my class now.
Guy: Don't hesitate, let's go.
Manya: (Whisper-yelling) if you say one more word, I promise I'm going to slap you

Manya and the guy are both standing outside the class now and Manya is very angry.

Guy: (moves closer to Manya) it's all my fault, I'm sorry.
Manya: (you should keep that to yourself and die with it)
Guy: But why are you being stubborn now. I said I'm sorry.
Manya: (growls) okay
Guy: What's your name?
Manya: Manya
Guy: I'm Varun (stretches out his hand) nice having a misunderstanding with you)
Manya: (surprised) are you okay?
Varun: come on (gestures at his hand)
Manya: what rubbish! (Shakes him finally)
Varun: hmm, thanks for that. By the way I like girls who look even more prettier when they are angry and you're one of them.
Manya: (raises her eyebrows)
Varun: Take it or leave it.
Manya: Thank you.
Lecturer: (from inside) You two can come in now.
Varun and Manya: Thank you sir.

At the end of the class, the lecturer gave them some sums to solve and all students were leaving the class.

Kajal: Bye Manya.
Manya: (smiles) bye Kajal. I'll see you tomorrow.
Kajal: sure.
Varun: (moves closer to Manya) Busy solving? Here I have the solution.
Manya: (stares at the work and then looks up) Thanks but I do not need your help with this. Here take a look at this (stretches her note to him) I have the answers already.
Varun: Alright then.

Manya packed her bags and walked out of the class and Varun followed her suit.

Varun: umm, Manya do you mind if we stopped at the cafeteria and have some coffee?
Manya: Thanks but I don't take coffee (walks away)
Varun: (smiles and thinks) no matter how harsh you try to be, I'll make sure to be friends with you.

*At Maya's school*

Maya is leaving the school are for her hostel and someone suddenly bumps into her.
Her books got scattered on the floor and she fell looking up to see a guy holding her. They keep staring at each other.

Maya: (releases herself from his grip) couldn't you see me coming?
Guy: (bends down to pack all of Maya's books) I'm sorry, I'm really so sorry. Please forgive me.
Maya: it's okay
Guy: here your books
Maya: Thank you and you should be more careful next time.
Guy: sure I will, umm I'm Sameer, nice meeting you.
Maya: thanks I'm Maya.
Sameer: Alright bye
Maya: Bye

End of Episode.

Hello readers! How are we all doing. I hope we enjoyed this episode. Let's not forget to vote and comment. I'll really appreciate that. Thank you and love y'all for sacrificing your precious time to read this book.
Your writer _mohtieby_