Episode 14

At Harshdeep Sampath's company.

Sameer and Maya are working together and having a discussion.

Sameer: Maya remember the business trip we're going on?

Maya: (looks up from the files she was sorting) Yes I remember

Sameer: It's in two day time. We're going to visit a business partner, Mr. Pahuja. And we have to start making preparations now.

Maya: Alright sure I'll do the needful.

Sameer: Good (Cellphone rings) Hello mom.

Naina: (from the other side of the line) Sameer son.

Sameer: Yes mom

Naina: We're visiting the Tripathis this evening. They have invited us so please return early from work so we don't get there late.

Sameer: (forehead creases) okay mom I will. (Ends call and sighs thinking aloud) I don't even know why I have to deal with an arranged marriage now, I hope this goes well

Maya overhears him

Maya: What?! You're getting married? (She's appalled, mouth agape)

Sameer: Yeah sis, going to visit the girl's family this evening so I'd leaving pretty much earlier. I'll leave the rest of the work to you.

Maya: (Smiles in Awe and grins) Wow that's great. You're getting married. Sure...

Sameer: It's nothing to get all cheesy about so stop grinning. (He mimicks her)

Maya: What do you mean Sameer. Of course I should be happy cause my brother is getting married. (She moves closer to Salim and hugs him tight)

Sameer: (chuckles) Such a child you are uhn.

Maya giggles

At Avinash Khan's company
Salim's phone rings and he picks it up.

Salim: (Stands up from his chair Angrily and hits the table) Why Pavni?! First I gave you permission to take a month's leave and now you're telling me you can't return to work? How do I get a personal assistant in the the span of days now. Have you forgotten we have a business plan ahead of us?

Pavni: (From the other line) Calm down Salim. I didn't mean it like this. Family issues and what not, I've been dealing with and now my Father had requested that I return to Goa so I have no choice but to quit work. Look Salim I have someone who can do the job better than I did. She...

Salim: (Cuts her short) And who's that?

Pavni: Manya Sampath. Your... Secretary right. She can take my place, I'm very sure she will do well. I trust her completely and I'll try and find someone who'll fill in for her.

Salim: (Sighs in relief) I'll think about that.

Pavni: Good. All the best Boss. I pray for the success of your company. Your Grandfather's dreams won't be shattered In... Sha... Allah... (She forced the latter words out stuttering)

Salim: (Chuckles) Not right now Pavni... I have told you to stop forcing them. Be a Muslim if you want it's better that way.

Pavni: (laughs over the phone) I'll see you some other time. Goodbye

Salim: Bye (ends the call and sighs thinking about Manya and Pavni's decision)

Manya is at her office, engrossed with work on her system.

Soon her assistant comes in saying the Boss wants to see her.

Manya: (Thinks:- Salim?) Send him in

Salim: (Gets in and shuts the door behind) Good afternoon ma'am