Episode 11

At Harshdeep Sampath's company.

It's been a week since Raavi took over the company's welfare.
A fateful afternoon, she started to feel quite uneasy.

Raavi: (Thinks) Oh my, what's happening to me, why do I feel quite dizzy?

On walking out of her office, she slumped and fell.
The workers who witnessed the scene put a call across to her family and she was taken to the hospital.

At the Hospital

The Sampath's were waiting for almost thirty minutes before the doctor finally came out of the emergency room, wearing a sad look

Ram: (impatiently) Doctor How is she? What happened to her? Will she recover soon?
Doctor: (shakes his head) I'm sorry Mr. Sampath but unfortunately we couldn't save her.
Harshdeep: (shouts) What?!
Doctor: she's gone
Naina: No no no, this isn't happening right. (Screams) Doctor where is she? bring her back to us now! You have to do something!
Doctor: I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do to bring her back again. (Faces Harshdeep) Mr. Sampath, see me please.
Harshdeep: Alright Doctor (coughs)

The final rites were done and Raavi was given a befitting burial.

At Ram Sampath's house.

The house was full of sorrow and everyone was seated quietly while those that visited to give words if condolence came and left after sometime.

Soon Sameer thought to inform Anshuman Sampath's family and in no time they were all at Ram's house.

Anshuman: (on behalf of his family) We're all sorry for the loss
Ram: (Emotionless) Thank you
Harshdeep: Shreya... I... I want to apologize to you for all I have done to you and your children. I didn't mean to divide this family but ever since I got married to Raavi i, things seemed to have fallen apart. I ...
Shreya: (Cuts him off) No Harshdeep, it isn't your fault. You shouldn't say things that will cause you more sorrow after you just lost a loved one, whatever happens has happened. I've forgiven you even before now.
Harshdeep: Thank you Shreya and from now I would want this family to become one one again. I...
Anshuman: (Cuts him off) That would never happen! We only came here to give our condolences not to make up ties.
Ram: Father is right Anshuman. If not because of my mother, I have always wanted this family to become one. Let us seize this opportunity to come together and be happy forever.
Naina: I have always supported mother but concerning the fact that she tore us apart, I was never okay about it.

As Ram's family showed their interest in reuniting the family, Anshuman's family were at first hesitant but later had to succumb because as it is, there's goodness in strengthening the family ties.

Shreya: (Holds her son) Anshu my son, your father and brother are right, nothing will get missing if we choose to forgive them and build up a relationship.
Palak: Mother is right my love, we should be a happy family once again.
Anshuman: (still hesitant) Pratik do you also want this?
Pratik: Whatever everyone wants, is what I'll go for too after all it's for the sake of the family, (faces his wife) right Priya?
Priyanka: Absolutely
Anshuman: Alright then (still not convinced but plays on)

After the reunion of the family, Harshdeep made another decision that shook the Sampath's.
Maya must agree to serve Sameer as a Personal assistant while running the company together.

Maya: What? Grandpa! I can't do this
Shreya: Maya, it's for the family's success
Maya: But grandma I already have a job
Harshdeep: I have made my decision
Anshuman: (curtly) Noone will impose forcefully on my daughter but Maya(faces her) you have to do this because of your grandmother
Maya: (dejectedly) Okay papa

Anshuman and his family left for their home and all the while Maya is really hesitant about working with Sameer.
She spends the whole thinking about how she is going to be fine working with him and at the same time Sameer thinks about how he will work with his sister, who he had initially had feelings for.

The next working day, Sameer and Maya Sampath started running the company together and unlike their expectations, they made a perfect working partners.

At Avinash Khan's Company

Salim and Manya are already getting along well.
It's a working day, Salim gets hungry while working and he soon made his way to Manya's office

Salim: (Knocks at the door)
Manya: (answers from inside) come in
Salim: (walks through the door and grins on seeing her work) wow she's really busy. Well done Boss
Manya: who is it? (Raises her head) Ahh Mr. Khan it's you! Good afternoon to you sir. And Boss? But how is that.
Salim: Afternoon. Yeah Boss, Boss.
Manya: but I'm not your Boss.
Salim: (shakes his head) Hmmhmm you have an assistant right?
Manya: (Raises her brows) Yes I do
Salim: Then you're her boss
Manya: But you're not my assistant
Salim: I respect girls a lot and so I can address them with whatever I like. And I also have much more respect for girls I like, very hardworking, up and doing, someone like Manya Sampath. (Sinks carelessly into the office couch)
Manya: (smiles and chuckles) Well then that's good. So what has brought you here, Mr. Respect Khan? (Eyes dangerously rolled in its sockets)
Salim: (frowns and covers it up with a straight face)
Manya: (chuckles and raises her hands) No offense Khan sir, that was a joke
Salim: Right now it's noon, so I have come to invite you for lunch, the restaurant.
Manya: (Typing away on a document) Oh really?! (Tilts her head a little away from the desktop to face him) You aren't fasting today?
Salim: Not at all
Manya: Ohh I see, But I'm not hungry today.
Salim: Come on Manya I know you're hungry it's past noon already and you've been working since morning
Manya: As you can see Salim I'm very busy with my work
Salim: (Rolls his eyes out quickly and hurriedly got up from the couch , walking ahead to Manya's desk) Hmm great, what did you just do now? (Thinks; This is the first time my name will be pronounced so sweetly like this)
Manya: (Confused and flustered) Me? (Withdraw completely from what she was working on) What did I do?
Salim: See you don't even know. You did it unknowingly
Manya: (whines) No pranks Salim, (faces him clearly now) What is it I have done?
Salim: (jumps in excitement) you did it again. Oh my! It sounded so cute, I'm so happy hearing it
Manya: (rolls her eyes and thinks; what exactly did I do?)
Salim: You just said my name twice now
Manya: (astonished) Really did I? (Laughs) it wasn't intentional I'm sorry Mr. Khan
Salim: No no no, don't be sorry. Just keep calling me that. Now drop whatever you're doing and let's go have lunch.
Manya: No Salim, My Boss will fire me if I left my work undone
Salim: And as your Boss I'm instructing you to let's go
Manya: (squeezes her face and succumbs) Okay then fine

They both took a few steps and were at the Restaurant some minutes later.

Manya: (Getting acquainted with calling his name now) So Salim, Tell me how do you go about this fast if a thing, i wanna learn
Salim: (sips his juice) Uhh, Feasting? It's easy, It's from dawn to dusk. I wake up very early in the morning prepare food, eat and commence the fast, I'm not allowed to eat, until it's dusk.
Manya: (surprised) you cook yourself?
Salim: Yeah, whenever the fast concerns me alone, it's easy as it's only me, food at dusk will be that which everyone's eating as well.
Manya: Wowwwwww that's quite great, but for a lazy one like me who haven't even fasted the Hindu fast once before, it might difficult
Salim: There's no difficulty in it, once you get used to it, then it becomes easy
Manya: (mouthful of fries) I don't even know how to cook, I can only make snacks, pastries, sweets(laughs)
Salim: That's good anyway, I do not know how to make all those so we can easily pass the knowledge to ourselves or better still in complement, I'll do the cooking you'll make the snacks (smiles at her) Right?
Manya: (chuckles) what are you even saying
Salim: You'll understand sooner don't worry
Manya: (Shrugginly) okay

End of Episode.

Author's Note:
PS- This book is a Muslim-Hindu play. Do not give regard to whatever unislamic you find within🥲