Six

TW: talking of trauma

——

Briar woke with a scream, sweat dripping down her forehead. She tried running to the bathroom, but she fell face first on the ground. The weight on her back was missing. So she threw up next to the bed.

Briar let out a small sob and put her head in her hands.

Her door opened, revealing a woman. She must've heard her scream. The woman had long blonde hair and wore a plain red dress.

The woman made her way over to her, kneeling in front of her. Briar looked at her, her eyes full of tears and the smell of vomit filling her nose.

"Is it okay if I touch you?" she had no choice, she would never get to the bathroom without help.

The thought of not being able to walk on her own made her feel pathetic and helpless. Briar gave her a nod.

The woman put Briar's arm over her shoulder and pulled her up. She could stand on her feet, but had to put her weight on the woman.

They entered the bathroom, which was connected to her room. There was a bath, toilet and a sink.

She never had her own bathroom.

The woman sat her down on the toilet, walking to the bath and letting the water fill it. She turned around, "I am Mor, I am Rhysand's Third in command."

Briar nodded.

They waited in silence. Only the sound of running water filling the room.

"Do you want me to stay here?" Briar shook her head. She only needed help with getting into the bath.

"Can you help me get in?"

Mor nodded, "Of course." she turned around, giving her privacy.

Briar pulled her shirt of, which now reeked of vomit. Next, she pulled off her shorts, leaving her in her undergarments.

"Do you have new clothes or undergarments?" she asked the question softly.

She had worn the same thing for days now, she felt dirty.

"I will get something for you while you are in the bath."

Briar got rid of her undergarments, Mor supporting her and lowering her in the bath.
The water made her wounds sting.

Mor left the room, leaving her alone.

Briar let her head lean against the tub. She closed her eyes, blinking the tears away. She didn't want to start crying again, but there was no stopping it.

Her thoughts started taking over, bringing up memories of her brother. She had fallen asleep earlier. The reason she had woken up, was because of a nightmare. Her brother on top of her, pinning her down.

She leaned over the tub and vomited again. There wasn't much that came out.

Mor walked in again, with a new shirt and normal pants. She looked at her with a concern.

Mor snapped her fingers, cleaning the floor.

She put the clothes down. "I will be waiting in the room." she walked out again.

Briar scrubbed herself clean and stood from the tub, leaning on it. She put on the undergarments and clothes. They fitted her perfectly.

She tried walking while holding the wall, it worked, but she didn't get past the door. Mor opened it and supported her again, letting her sit on the bed.

"I want to give you a tour of the house, if you're comfortable with that." Briar didn't want to see the winged males. "Don't worry. I will show you tomorrow, Cassian and Azriel will be training. Everyone is having dinner right now, Feyre will bring you some later."