Twenty-six

TW: torture (whipping) and talking about rape

——
Azriel POV

Azriel slammed Rhys and Feyre's door open. His heart was racing as his eyes filled with tears.

"She's gone."

Rhys and Feyre gave each other a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"They took her, Rhys!" he yelled.

Rhys stood from his bed and walked over to him, "How do you know that?"

"I had a nightmare. At least, that's what I thought at first." he started. "I saw Briar outside, on the ground, an arrow shot through her thigh and an Illyrian male standing in front of her."

"When I woke up she wasn't next to me. She wasn't in the house."

"How do you know it's real? She could've gone out."

Azriel started shaking his head, "She wouldn't do that." he said. "And I can't feel the bond."

Feyre only stared at him with wide eyes.

"Get dressed and meet us downstairs." Rhys said. "I'll send word to everyone."

Azriel immediately walked out of the room, entering the other hallway where his room was.

He quickly put on his leathers and grabbed Truth-teller.

He basically ran down the stairs. Rhys and Feyre were waiting for him.

Mor already entered the room, "That isn't possible." she said.

"Than explain to me how she disappeared." Azriel snapped.

"This house is too well warded. It's impossible to get in." Mor said.

"I don't know how they did it, but she's gone. Azriel isn't making this up." Rhys said.

Rhys had warded the house himself, but they all knew everything was possible. And if these males really wanted their daughter back, they would've found a way to break the wards.

"I'll let Elain know we will be gone. Someone needs to watch Nyx." Feyre quickly walked out of the room, she looked tense.

A second later, Cassian came barging into the room, Nesta and Amren following him.

"What happened?" Cassian asked him.

Rhys spoke, "They took Briar."

"That's impossible."

"That's what i've been saying." Mor threw up her hands in frustration.

"And you're sure it was Jodis and Jorah Fortin?" Cassian asked. Rhys let him speak.

"Yes." Azriel said.

"They could've broken the wards with a spell." everyone turned to Amren, "If they somehow got to Keir, they could've had access to many books with spells."

Azriel's heart only started beating faster.

"Az said he saw her in a dream-"

"I can perfectly fine speak for myself." he snapped at the High Lord. Rhys kept his mouth shut.

"An arrow had been shot through her thigh. She tried to get away, but she couldn't."

"Why didn't she just use her powers?" Nesta asked.

Amren turned her head to Azriel, "She didn't use her powers?" Azriel shook his head.

"Maybe because she couldn't." Amren started, "Can you feel the bond?"