Epilogue

100 years later
Briar POV

Briar walked into the river house, her hands full of papers she had to give to Rhys, since he was too lazy to read and sign them himself.

Briar herself had been tired lately. She blamed it on the work Rhysand gave her.

She walked around the corner of the hallway, where Rhys's study was.

She bumped into an invisible wall. "Little fuckers-" she rubbed her face, it had hit the wall hard.

"Sorry!" someone yelled.

Briar looked up and found Nyx and Lyra, Cassian and Nesta's daughter, in front of her, both of them carrying worried looks.

She gave them a cold glare. The two of them immediately looked nervous.

"Sorry, it was meant for my dad." Lyra said. Nyx let out a snort from next to her.

Briar wanted to laugh, but seeing them like this was far more enjoyable. "Well." she started, "If you don't want me to tell Nesta..."

Both of them immediately started shaking their heads. "Please don't." Nyx said.

"I'll do anything. My mom's scary when she's angry." Lyra said.

Briar let out a snort, even though she didn't meant to. "I won't." they both sighed in relief, "But," Briar pushed the papers she held in Lyra's arms, "you'll need to bring this to Rhysand."

Briar stepped back and grinned.

Lyra rolled her eyes and walked to where Rhys probably would be.

Nyx stood in front of her. He was all grown up and much taller than her, which he liked to mention all the time.

He looked at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Briar asked, her arms crossing.

"You look like you haven't slept in days." he pointed at her.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"No, I'm serious Briar." he said. "Have you been sleeping?"

Briar nodded, "Yes, I suppose. I-.." she hesitated, "I've been waking up with a nauseous feeling for a few days now. I've thrown up for the last three days."

"Nightmares?" Nyx asked.

"No. I don't know why." she said. She didn't know why she was talking about this to her nephew.

Nyx dipped his chin at her, "You smell different."

Briar raised her eyebrows. She didn't say anything about what he said. "Shouldn't you be in Windhaven?"

Nyx rolled his eyes and walked away while he yelled no.

Briar stood there, thinking about what he had said.

She had her suspicions about why she felt like this. At first she thought it was because she had eaten something wrong, or worked too hard.

Briar swallowed and walked up the stairs.

——

She knocked twice on the painted door. She had been in Feyre's art studio a few times before, helping Feyre paint, or talk to her while she worked.