Seventeen

——

Briar, Mor and Feyre were seated in the living room, all of them laughing.

Briar didn't know where Mor got this wine, but it was strong.

Everyone had felt the tension between Azriel, Rhys and Cassian. Cassian stayed during dinner, but left soon after.

Elain was staying with her friend for another week, and apparently Amren had gone to visit her lover. Leaving the three of them to do the drinking.

They had already emptied three bottles and were now half way through the fourth.

Rhys and Azriel had stayed away from all the laughing.

Briar didn't even know what they were laughing about know. She hadn't had so much fun in a long time.

"I'm going to bed, I have things to do tomorrow." Feyre said. She stood but stumbled over, catching herself on a chair.

Briar and Mor started laughing harder. Feyre flipped them off before disappearing out of the room.

"I'm going to bed, too. I feel like I can sleep all day." Mor said. Briar followed her out of the room, feeling a bit tired herself.

——
Azriel POV

Azriel had avoided Rhys and Cassian, until they cornered him after dinner.

"Does she know?" Rhys asked. Azriel shook his head.

Rhys clapped him on the shoulder, "We both know what you're feeling."

Azriel didn't know what to say. He hadn't planned on telling them.

"Are you telling her?" Cassian asked.

"Maybe. When we've both figured it out." he said.

"I'm happy for you, Az." Rhys said, Cassian nodding in agreement.

——

Azriel almost drifted asleep, when he heard a hard noise in front of his door.

He opened it, revealing a very drunk Briar.

She sat on the ground, probably from stumbling over, and waved to him.

She pointed her finger at his chest, "Why are you half-naked?" she asked, laughing at herself.

Azriel helped her stand, opening her door and helped her get into bed.

She grabbed his hands. He looked at her.

"You know Azriel, your hands are very beautiful. You are very beautiful." she said while yawning.

"You're drunk, Briar. Go to sleep." he said, and left the room.

He couldn't get the words out of his head.

——
Briar POV

Briar awoke with a pounding headache. She had a little too much to drink yesterday.

Her memory of getting into her room was blurry.

Her eyes widened when she realized what she had said to the person helping her. It was Azriel that helped her. She had called him beautiful.

She hadn't lied, but telling him like that felt wrong.

"No, no, no." she said. She was still wearing her clothes from yesterday.

She quickly got in to the bath and changed into clean clothes and left the room.

She hoped she wouldn't run into Azriel.