Twelve

——

Briar POV

When Briar woke up, the sun was already shining into her room. She looked around the room, a bit lost about where she was.

She had a nightmare last night. A really bad nightmare. 

Azriel had come to her room. She now found him sleeping on the couch. His wings drooping over the edge.

He was still asleep. He looked really peaceful like this.

Briar didn't want to think about the nightmare. It was bad, really bad.

She was going back to the river house tonight for dinner. Azriel was joining her.

She wasn't going to let her mood be ruined by the nightmare. The thought of it made her sick.

She was so deep in her thoughts, that she hadn't noticed Azriel wake up.

He sat on the couch, watching her.

"I need to go." he told her, "Rhys called for me."

Briar nodded and watched him walk out of the room.

She laid down again, throwing her arm over her face. She hadn't had a nightmare in days, they came at random moments.

Briar was thankful Azriel came to her, she wouldn't have woken up if he hadn't come into her room.

She sat in her bed, looking at the wall in front of her.

There used to be a painting hanging on it, which now lay in pieces on the ground.

She raised her eyebrows and went to pick up the pieces.

Before she could touch it, it disappeared. Briar looked in confusion. When she looked up, a new painting was hanging on the spot the other one had been.

The painting was of a storm, with lightning.

——

Azriel POV

Azriel had woken up to Rhys calling him, telling him to come to the river house.

It was still early, so it was urgent.

He walked into the house, revealing Mor talking to Feyre. She had finally come back from her trip to the other continent.

After she had convinced Vallahan to sign the new Treaty, she was invited back. But she hadn't told Azriel why.

Feyre smiled at him, "Rhys is in his study."

He walked towards it and opened the door.

"It isn't very often that I have to wake you." he said with a grin across his face.

"I sleep, like a normal person does." he said back.

Rhys leaned back, "Elain wants to see Briar before dinner, and I'm sure Feyre and Mor wouldn't mind her company, too. Can you fly her to the house after your training?" he asked.

Azriel nodded, "Why did you call me?"

"I got a message from the camp Briar is from. It said, that Jorah Fortin has gone missing." Azriel looked at Rhys.

"The name 'Fortin' isn't very common, is it? And Briar has a brother, right?" Azriel only nodded.

If he would lay a hand on her, he would kill him. Very slowly.

"I want you to search tomorrow. For both of them, her father and brother. Just fly over the east, if they are going to Keir, they will go that way."

Azriel nodded.