Twenty-five

TW: abuse

——

Briar had come home with a big smile on her face. She was glad she had gone with Mor and Feyre. It had been much fun.

Azriel wasn't in the house, she couldn't feel him near.

The three of them walked into the living room and found Rhys sitting on a chair, looking very tired.

"I put Nyx to bed. He's getting annoying." Rhys said with a sigh.

Briar snorted, earning an elbow in her side from Mor. Feyre walked over to him, sitting down on his lap.

Mor yanked at Briar's arm, "You don't want to stay here." she said.

——

Briar and Mor were seated around the dining table, both of them holding a glass of wine.

Mor had been ranting about everything and nothing, Briar listened to all of it and found herself laughing very often.

"Hello." they heard a voice coming from behind them. Briar knew who it belonged to.

Mor smiled at the person in the doorway, "How was it?"

Elain walked into the room, sitting down on a chair, "Good. Lucien showed me around the area and even took me to the Spring Court."

Mor raised her brows.

"Tamlin wasn't near. It was safe." she said, "It was just a few minutes over the border. He showed me a very big garden garden with lovely flowers." she said with a smile.

Elain turned to Briar, "I heard about your accident. Are you okay?" Briar gave her a nod.

"I'm doing fine."

A male walked into the room, a laughing Feyre on his side. The male had longer red hair and golden eyes, his left eye looked scarred and like it was made out of metal.

"Oh, Lucien. Meet Briar." she said.

He dipped his head in her direction, "Nice to meet you."

Briar gave him a smile in return, "You too."

Feyre turned back to the male, "Would you like to stay for lunch?" she asked him. He gave her a nod.

"I didn't know this house had become this quiet." he said.

"Yes. Well, Nesta and Cassian live in the House. No one knows where Amren goes, and Mor likes to disappear too." she said, giving Mor a wink.

She just rolled her eyes at the High Lady.

Lucien sat down between Feyre and Elain, still talking to her. Elain listened and smiled.

Briar had to admit, that the two looked good together. She had never seen Elain smile like that.

Mor refilled her glass. Briar finished hers, but pushed the bottle away when Mor gave it to her.

"I'm going looking for Rhys." she said as she stood. "Just making sure he hasn't died from exhaustion."

Briar let out a muffled laugh as Mor walked out.

She felt something tingle in her chest, and realized it was the feeling of the bond.

Azriel walked into the room, looking surprised by Elain and Lucien's presence. His face immediately went back to blank, no emotions to be seen. It looked like his search hadn't been successful.

Azriel dipped his head at Lucien as a greeting. Briar could see he didn't particularly like the male.

His eyes found hers. His face immediately softened and his lips turned into a small smile.