Thirty

TW: torture, talking about rape, vomit

——

Azriel woke up early. Briar still laid unconscious next to him.

He had finally slept a full night. The last few weeks had been rough. He didn't sleep at all, or he would wake up because of nightmares.

Briar's skin had gone back to her own warmer skin tone.

Before he got out of bed, he placed a kiss on her head. He made his way downstairs and found Feyre and Nyx.

The High Lady gave him a small smile. "How is she?"

"Still unconscious." he said. Feyre nodded softly.

"Is Rhys awake?" he asked.

"Yes, he's with Cassian."

Azriel gave her a questioned look.

"He wanted to wait for you, but he.. didn't." she said.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"Informing the Illyrian Camps about Jodis and Jorah." Feyre said, "They want you to come with them to the Court of Nightmares later."

He didn't really care about the Illyrian Camps. He was happy he didn't have to come along, he'd rather stay with Briar.

"And where's Elain? I expected her to be with you." Azriel asked.

"You weren't the only one that missed a lot of sleep." she said, a worried look on her face.

It was true. Elain had been worrying about Briar all day and night. Usually, Mor or Feyre would stay with her, which led to them not getting any sleep either.

"Cass and Rhys will be back in an hour." Feyre said.

He muttered a small thank you before leaving the room.

——

Azriel hadn't said a word to Rhys or Cassian. He only followed them to the Court of Nightmares.

He could sense that they were talking mind to mind. He didn't care.

Azriel would go to the cells while Rhys and Cassian were going to talk to Keir.

He was going to question them. Probably torture the information out of them. But he would leave the kill for Briar, if she wished to do it herself.

The males wouldn't be missed by anyone.

The familiar smell of the underground cells filled his nose. He hated it, but it was part of his job.

They had put them on opposite sides of the hallway. He would start with her brother.

Azriel opened the cell door. He felt his anger rise. He was finally facing the two people that had been responsible for his mate's fear and pain.

The male was seated on a chair in the middle of the room, tied up. His eyes widened at the sight of Azriel entering. He could smell his fear.

"I-I didn't do anything." he said.

"Keep telling yourself that." Azriel said with a cold voice.

The male shook his head as he saw Truth-teller in his hand. He was now standing in front of Briar's brother.

He pointed Truth-teller at him, "You are a real coward, you know?"

He spat at his feet. "She deserved it."

"What did she ever do to you?"

"Her being born was the whole problem." he said, "Half Fae with weird powers. She never fit in."