Chapter 2

The note had read 'I don't exactly know how to explain this and I've probably been keeping this from you for a while but I'm dying to tell you that I'm deeply in love with you. I've had a crush on you since we meet in 5th grade. I'll probably always remember that day' The handwriting got more shaky and less like Espresso's neat organized handwriting so it became harder to read from that point 'It was probably the greatest day of my life. You always cleared my mind and distracted me from my' two words are struck through with a line because he writes in pen, the two words are "Abusive parents" 'parents. You helped me always and when ever I look at you I get butterflies but then again we live in a world where two boys could never love each other but this kingdom seems like a place that would be okay with who we really are..' Madeleine couldn't read anymore the handwriting got so messy and shaky he Believed not even Espresso could read it.

"I didn't.. I didn't know he felt or thought about me like this.." He thought to himself stunned. He folded the paper back to the way it was and set it back down starting to rub Espresso's back again as the coffee cookie shifted his position and dug his face into Madeleine's shoulder.

~time skip~

Espresso groaned and opened his eyes looking up at the blond he was sleeping on realizing he was on his lap. He the yelped and fell back, landing onto the floor and groaning again.

"Ouch.." He said rubbing the back of his neck laughing nervously as he stood back up. "Hey maddie? Where are my glasses?"

"Are you okay?" Madeleine stood up checking for injures on Espresso

Espresso felt his face heat up with how close Madeleine had gotten. Madeleine noticed and backed away.

"Y-Your glasses are right there." The knight was flustered as he pointed to the table with Espressos glasses. Espresso picked them up then put them on and sat back down. "Hey.. I'm wondering why do you always have your hair covering one eye?" Madeleine asked sitting down next to Espresso.

"Well- I-..um..." Espresso didn't know how to respond so he just crossed his legs, begin tapping his fingers on his thigh and looked away from Madeleine

"it's fine if you don't wanna tell me essy." Madeleine said trying to look at Espressos face. The brunette nodded and looked at his fingers starting to bounce his leg. He put a hand down on it and pushed it down to where it stopped. "So uh now what..?"

"How about.. We.." Espresso then realized that he had missed out on almost two days worth of work so he quickly got up and said "I'm terribly sorry Mads but I have work to catch up on. With all do respect, please, take your leave." Madeleine nodded and put his boots on the walked out the door.

"Bye essy!"

"Goodbye Mads."

Espresso bowed then closed the door and made a batch of coffee "No more distractions. I need to work on this." He poured himself a cup of coffee then sat down at his table staring at his notes as he drank his cup of coffee. He went for another sip of his drink but then realized it was empty and poured himself a bit more.

~Time skip~

Espresso looked up at his clock "2:47 in the morning." He shivered and grabbed his coat "A walk may be in order." He put on his boots and headed out the door he walked and walked till he made three circles around the kingdom and on his fourth he realized that Madeleines lights were still on. "hm curious. Why are Mads house lights still on? He would be asleep by now right?" Espresso realized he had been starring at the home for a good five minutes he then began walking again back to his home this time.

He took his coat off as well as boots and sat on his couch with a cup of coffee and a pen he looked over at his table and saw the note he wrote for Madeleine a bit ago "Wait was this here the whole time? Oh my gods it was. Did he read this? Please tell me he didn't.. Oh my gods if he did he'll probably never talk to me again.. Fuck!" Espresso began panicking and he put the note in one of his drawers and left it there. "Shit, shit, shit. FUCK!" The brunette screamed out which was very out of character for the proper cookie. He made another cup of coffee and sat back down on the couch his leg bouncing up and down again. "I'm probably just overthinking thing because I'm overwhelmed right? Even If he did read the note he would still talk to me right?"

A/N
This is my first time writing on here so comments and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!
843 words