Chapter 14

(I did something productive for you guys on my birthday <3)

Espresso calmly picked up PM and called his sister while pacing "You guys are pretty far, right?" Madeleine, Licorice, and Dark choco were sitting on the bed.

"Yeah pretty far actually, but we can travel quickly. Just wait about ten to fifteen minutes and we'll be there. Also uh Golden Cheese, Dark Cacao, and White Lily have found their way here and they aren't coming but they decided you and the others need to be watched for about a month."

"Oh fuck. Wait wait wait, did you say Dark Cacao? Uhhh.."

"Yeah why?"

Espresso pursed his lips and looked at Dark Choco who was staring at the ground. "Y'know Dark Choco..?"

"Oh. OH. Fuck-"

"Yeahhh- it'll be fine.. I think." Espresso hoisted PM on his hip and started asking about his other children, such as Pancake, and the Chess Choco Twins (as I call them).

"I'll see you?" Mocha said kindly.

"Yep" Espresso said a few other words than hung up. Espresso went out with PM to act as if he were planning an attack with them, then Licorice and Madeleine came outside a small bit later, then Dark Choco followed suit. Mocha and the few others were in the trees or bushes.

PM threw a few of their shoomies in the palace looking building, filling it with gas that would make anyone in the building pass out. Espresso then waited a bit the shot a few spells at the towers then backed up and shot one of his strongest spells at the middle.

The building fell to pieces in a matter of seconds. With PM running to Licorice and Espresso just staring at the building as it fell to the ground. As everyone was distracted, Espresso was stabbed with a dagger. Mocha looked at Espresso as he let out a pained scream. She shot a spell at the figure who stabbed him as they collapsed.

"Espresso!" Mocha yelled as she ran over to her now collapsing brother. She looked to the person who stabbed him. Red Velvet. Of course why not? "He's already dead.." Mocha mumbled to herself as she looked back to her brother again.

"PV! Over here! Now, Please!" Mocha pleaded as Pure Vanilla quickly rushed over to the coffee twins.

He began trying to treat Espresso's wound but he couldn't get much done with the dagger still in his side, but removing it could be fatal. And PV knew that.

"I'm going to tell you now. He may die either way I do this. I can either wait till we get back to the kingdom to remove the dagger, or remove it now and have a chance of him dying on the spot.."

Mocha looked at PV with troubled eyes. "Does he have a better chance of surviving with you removing now?" Espresso let out a shallow breath showing he was alive but barely.

"In his state...? Yes.. actually.."

"Do it. Now." Mocha said sternly, Madeleine was now in front of Espresso, holding his hand. Espresso slightly squeezed his hand back when PV slowly started taking out the bloodied dagger and quickly started healing the wound.

Madeleine slightly squeezed Espresso's hand trying to show him comfort. Espresso smiled a bit at the contact with Madeleine as he was in tons of pain with the healing.

Sea fairy, GingerBrave, Chili Pepper, Raspberry, and Herb stood staring at the scene in front of them. They had no idea what to do exactly.

Madeleine moved closer to Espresso and held his head in his lap as Espresso slightly adjusted himself. Madeleine kept trying every way he could to either help of comfort Espresso with how this was going.

"... Done... I mean, all I can do now.." PV said a bit more calmly then earlier.

"We have to get back to the kingdom."

"Of course."

PV stood up "I'll be right back.." Madeleine whispered to Espresso before standing up and walking over to the dead body of Red Velvet. "Wow.." Madeleine whispered before walking away to Espresso and picking him up bridal style.

Espresso was slightly gaining strength with the lingering healing effects. So he readjusted himself and shivered a bit. I mean it was starting to snow, it's December.

Mocha was on a horse with Raspberry while Hollyberry and Pure Vanilla were on the same horse and Madeleine was carrying Espresso while slowly riding the horse.

Madeleine noticed Espresso shivering a bit and covered him with his cape. "We're almost there my dear.." Madeleine whispered to Espresso.

Licorice was trailing behind with the rest of them as herb as walking next to the horse Madeleine and Espresso were on.

A few minutes later the kingdom came into view, Pure Vanilla and Hollyberry emerged from the woods first as Pure Vanilla got of the horse to help guide the others out.

~Time skip~

"He'll be fine. Give him about a month, and he'll be fine." Pure vanilla smiled as White Lilly gave a soft look. The two walked away then Mocha and Madeleine went into Espresso's little hospital room.

He was pretty silent, he looked nervous but extremely awake. He had one hand over his torso and the other on top of the blanket. He was hooked to an IV and was in a hospital gown. (Of course) His hair was messy and tangled. His wrist was also bandaged and he had his glasses on while he looked out the window.

"Hey.." Espresso turned to Mocha once he heard her.

"Hm..?" He hummed in response.

"You hungry or anything..? If you want I can get anything for you. Whatever you want or need."

"..Maybe a drink or something would be nice.." Espresso said quietly. Mocha nodded and walked out to get a drink.

Madeleine stood awkwardly as Espresso slightly stared at him. "Come here.." Espresso said as Madeleine walked to his bedside and sat down. "You blame yourself don't you." Espresso said bluntly as he stared at the wall then at Madeleine.

"I—"

"Mads, I can read you like a book. You can't exactly hide anything from me at this point."

"And yet I still can't read you."

Espresso chuckled a bit as Madeleine smiled. "I'm a difficult man to read. You on the other hand, have an extremely readable personality. I learned how to read you in about a hour of knowing you." Espresso smiled then got back to the original topic "anyway, I know you blame yourself, you think you could have prevented me from being in this hospital bed. Don't you? Well, I want you to know, none of this is your fault. At all. Okay? Believe me on this."

Madeleine nodded then smiled and grabbed Espresso's hand and held it. The brunette took Madeleine's hand and kissed the back of it for a brief moment before laying his arm back down and holding Madeleine's hand "Mon Chéri." He mumbled softly before relaxing and closing his eyes.

1164 Words