Chapter 3

The brunette didn't go back to his work till 4:53 in the morning as it starting raining "Ah rain great." he thought to himself as the soft rain became a pour down as thunder rolled "Ah shit.. I hate thunder storms.." Espresso closed his curtains and went to his supposed to be bedroom but he turned it into a fire proof and sound proof lab "Better." He thought to himself as he began working again.

Around 7:34 he left the sound proof room into his makeshift lab next to his couch. He heard cookies talk outside his home but he frankly, did not care. He kept working and in a span of 30 minutes he had finished 11 cups of coffee and a ton of experiments. The brunette had just then realized he had not had breakfast but again he didn't exactly care.

Espresso sighed and stood up, making himself another cop of coffee. He slipped on his boots, his cape and grabbed a book. "I might as well go read on a bench.." He opened his door and walked out then closed it behind him. The male sat on a bench near a few bushes and began reading as a cake hound grabbed it in it's mouth and ran off.

"Hey! Get back here you stupid cake hound!" Espresso yelled as he ran after the cake hound with his book.

Madeleine heard Espresso and began running after him as well as Mocha, Espresso's twin sister. "What's going on brother?" she asked as she caught up to her brother before Madeleine did.

"A cake hound stole my book!" Espresso yelled back running out of breath and energy.

Mocha nodded and caught up with the cake hound and got her brothers book back "here.." She said, panting, as the brunette female handed her brother the book. Espresso nodded and grabbed the book panting extremely hard. Mocha sat her brother down and sat next to him as licorice, poison mushroom, and red velvet came out from the bushes. The female brunette jolted up into action but poison mushroom let out their fumes which made the two brunettes and one blonde pass out.

~Time skip~

"That was.. Surprisingly easy!" Licorice said as red velvet nodded in agreement as he had been dragging the siblings and licorice was dragging the single blonde. They got to their lair and presented the three to Pomegranate.

"Splendid work. Here you are poison." She put a few jellybeans in front of poison mushroom as the purple mushroom ate them. "Now put the two other ones in the cages and Espresso gets his own room." Pomegranate said pointing to the cages then the room next to her. "We'll threaten the lives of these to as well as latte if Espresso refuses to join us."

"What about the rest of the kidnappings we did?" Licorice asked bringing up a good point

"We free them on one of these two conditions. They check in with us every night or they promise not to tell anyone what happened or they will be executed." Pomegranate explained calmly as red velvet left Espresso's room. "Oh it looks like the sister has woken up." The red headed cookie exclaimed as she pointed to the brunette.

"Wha-... How did-... Where am I..?" Mocha asked rubbing the back of her head. Then looking over at Madeleine "Wait.. Where's my brother you bastard!" She exclaimed jolting forwards. "Tell me! Now you son of a bitch!" She yelled once again as Red velvet crouched in front of the cage.

"You keep yelling you won't see him again." he said to the brunette tipping up her chin. She pushed his hand away and scoffed.

"Just fucking tell me bastard." She snarled at the male in front of her

"If you want an answer you won't talk to me like that"

"Fine, Please tell me where my brother is." she said putting her hands on her legs instead of the bars

"He's fine. He's right behind that door. You might be able see him later if you tone the attitude down." He said getting up and walking away as she leaned back up against the wall of the cage she was in closing her eyes and leaning her head back.

"I really hope we can get out of here." she thought to herself as she saw Madeleine being dragged away from his cage to somewhere. She ran her fingers through her curly/fuzzy brown hair that had the back and sides shaved off. "Fuck.." she whispered to herself as tears ran down her cheeks.

Espresso woke up in a room with a twin sized bed set a couch a carpeted floor a few desks and some lab equipment. "Where am I..?" He said to himself getting off the bed "what in the-" He was cut off by Pomegranate walking in and closing the door behind her.

"Put the magic down. If you try anything I'll hurt your little blonde friend and sister." She said sitting in a chair that was facing another chair. Espresso let his guard down a bit putting his magic down for a minute and sitting in front of Pomegranate "Now, we need you to join us. If you refuse as I said before they both shall be killed." Espresso's leg began bouncing again as he stared at Pomegranate "I'll give you time to think." She got up and opened the door but before closing Espresso in his room again she added, "Oh along with the blonde and your sister we have latte. She'll be killed as well." Then she left. Espresso sat up correctly and his eyes widened.

"Why.." He asked. He stood up and started pacing the floor "I.. I don't want them to die but then I don't wanna join them.. Why-.." Espresso didn't notice the tears rolling down his face. He slid down the front of the bed frame beginning to sob quietly because he couldn't really do anything without caffeine. But he couldn't think about that right now he was sick to his stomach thinking of seeing Madeleine, Mocha, and or Lattes dead body. "I fucking hate this.." He never really liked to pray to the 'divine' because he didn't exactly believe in that to much but he silently and mindlessly began praying to them for everyone's safety. Mostly for Madeleine's, Mocha's, and Latte's.

1065 Words