Chapter 8

Espresso woke up to Madeleine pacing back and forth and mumbling things under his breath. "Mads..?" Espresso groaned slightly, surprising Madeleine.

"You scared me but what's needed?"

"I was just wondering what you were doing pacing the floor.."

"Oh uh I was uhm.."

"Just.. Come here." Espresso said his head hurting a slight bit as Madeleine came over and sat next to him in the bed. Espresso cuddled up to the blonde male beside him.

"You alright?" Espresso didn't respond he just cuddled up to Madeleine more. Madeleine took Espresso and repositioned him for his comfort. He then began drawing circles on the brunettes back.

~Time skip~

"They kept staring at me-"

"Yes yes I don't care just. Shut it and close the door." Espresso said working on his laptop as Madeleine shut the door.

"You okay? you seem upset.."

He didn't get a response

"Espresso..?"

No response

"Essy-"

"SHUT UP. Just shut your trap Madeleine." Espresso had never reacted like that towards Madeleine.

"Essy..?"

"Shut.The.Fuck.Up." Madeleine didn't try and reason with the angry brunette this time and just sat down on his bed and looked around trying to sleep the rest of the day away. Espresso sighed and slammed his fist down obviously annoyed at something. He got up and made another cup of coffee, Madeleine assumed he had already had about 30-50 cups because of how he looks so tired and stressed. Espresso sat back down and began typing on his laptop again.

Licorice ran into the room at a remarkable speed "Es-.." he gasped and barely caught his breath "Espresso-!!!"

Espresso hummed in response and turned to the door.

"Pom.. Pomegranate is- Hu.. Hurt-" he coughed at the end of that sentence. Espresso had to act like he cared so he sighed and stood up.

"Stay here." He looked over at Madeleine and said in a harsh tone then walked out of the room with Licorice. "What happened."

"I- I don't know!!"

Espresso nodded and crouched down to Pomegranate her side was sliced and she was bleeding out. Espresso closed his eyes and sighed again. He opened his eyes and began healing Pomegranate. He finished up and got up "Careful with moving to much it might open back up. Also there will be some pain right there for a bit." Pomegranate nodded as Licorice lead her to her room. Espresso began walking back to his room when Red velvet grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Hey. I was wondering if you would be fine if we ate dinner together tonight..?"

"Uhm.. I guess." He answered.

Red velvet nodded and slightly smiled at the brunette then walked away.

Espresso walked into his room and closed the door behind him "Madeleine. Dear. Get me the migraine pills from the bathroom closet." Espresso said sitting down in his chair, his head pounding. Madeleine nodded and got up then gave the pills to Espresso. He took a few then laid on the bed with Madeleine.

"Why were you so angry at me for no reason earlier?"

"I'm either an ass or very needy when I have a migraine. I'm sorry."

"It's fine I-" Espresso rolled onto Madeleines chest, listening to his heartbeat. "Essy?" Espresso hummed in response. "You okay?" Espresso nodded and stayed on Madeleine.

~Time skip~

"Where are you going again darling?" Madeleine asked as Espresso put on his cape.

"Red velvet invited me to dinner. I said I would go."

"Mhm." Madeleine hummed sitting on the bed staring at Espresso.

"Staring problem? What's wrong? You jealous?"

"I'm not jealous!" Madeleine said a bit to quickly as Espresso chuckled

"Okay okay. I have to leave now. I'll be back in a bit alright Madeleine?" He nodded as Espresso walked out.

624 Words