Chapter 7

Tw-Blood, wine/alcohol

They had both randomly fallen asleep on the bed, espresso with his phone in his hand (My way, My way on the highway-) and one earbud in while Madeleine had the other they were listening to something on Spotify as Espresso had one of his dreams about his past. He can't remember any of his past up to his 13th birthday. That's as far as his memory will go unless he's dreaming.

(Everything in italics is his dream and my AU for this is explained in the next chapter but a snippet of it is at the bottom)

He was running from something just running as he slammed into something and fell back. He looked up and saw his father, Pure Vanilla, "Espresso are you alright?" His father crouched down examining his child's face. Espresso panting began laughing and nodding getting up and running off again as Pure Vanilla followed the child. The was a short haired blonde playing with Espresso. "Give me it!" He was surprisingly taller than Pure Vanillas child. "Madeleine!" Pure believe that Madeleine was the other child's name as he lowered the toy car down to Espresso.

Espresso wanted to close his eyes, look away, anything. But he couldn't.

The dream quickly switched to a new scene. Custard and Strawberry Crepes birth. White Lilly walked out to Espresso and Mocha with two blankets "Now children.. be easy with them." "Yes mama." The two said in sync as white Lilly sat down next to the twins with their new siblings. "What are their names mama?" Mocha asked as she walked over to her mother "the blonde one that looked like your father is Custard the III and the one that looks like mother is Strawberry Crepe." Espresso began petting Custards head as mocha took Strawberry Crepe.

The dream switched again to the battle. "Espresso, Dear.. I need you to take your younger siblings as well as mocha.." The sounds of explosives going off rang in his ears. Dark cacao came up to him real fast "kiddo. Listen to you mama. And go. They'll take care of you and mocha while those blonde ones will watch over Custard and Crepe okay?" Espresso nodded and gave White Lilly a hug and ran to the two families with his siblings as white Lilly and Dark Cacao waved to them and than ran into the battle.

The dream changed once more, to Espressos 13th birthday. He walked down the stares to see his so called parents "Heyyyyy Kiddooo" His father slurred his words as Espresso grabbed his backpack "Hello father." His father hiccuped and looked at Espresso "Today's your 13th birthdayyyyy." Espresso nodded and said "Yes it is." As his father proceeded to throw 13 bottles at him. A glass shard ricochetted off the wall and once Espresso looked up it stabbed his left eye. He yelped out in pain as Mocha ran down the stairs to tend to his eye "Oh gods.. um um. Here uh." Mocha helped him up the stairs to the bathroom. She carefully removed the shard from his eyes as she began to use her healing on him "just stay still." Espresso could still remember all of his child hood when he was 13 so he said "You have healing just like father.." "But your pretty good at healing to!" "I know but I'm better at fire and coffee magic but you're better at healing then both of those." The two originally knew fire and healing magic but the twos adoptive parents were strictly healing while Pure Vanilla thought other wise because they acted differently than they were, so they began to rebel and instead of improving on healing they learned more fire and coffee magic. As they had always wanted to learn coffee magic. "Anddd done! So sometimes it will bleed out like blood tears and if you cry a lot your regular tears will become blood so be careful!" Espresso nodded and walked back down the stairs and then walked to school.

Espresso hates every minute of this dream but luckily as he thought of trying to move again he woke up.

He began panting when he woke up "just- Just a dream.. Just a dream.." He accidentally woke Madeleine up when he shot up.

"Hey..? You alright?" Espresso head quickly turned to Madeleine in one swift move. He put his hand to his heart and closed his eyes trying to control his breathing "Espresso it's alright.. you wanna talk about it..?" Espresso wanted to nod in agreement but he had forgotten the dream as soon as he awoke.

"No.. I'm-.. I'm alright.."

"Of course. Come on at least lay back down.." Espresso nodded and laid back down next to Madeleine. Espresso had fallen back asleep pretty quickly but Madeleine had stayed up almost all night wondering what had Espresso so nervous.

So the part of the au I actually used was that Espresso, Mocha, Strawberry Crepe, And Custard the III are all children of Pure Vanilla and White Lilly but all the Ancients are in a Poly relationship so White Lilly is called 'Mama' Hollyberry is called 'Mom/Mother' Golden Cheese is called 'Ma' Dark Cacao is called 'Father' Pure Vanilla is called 'dad/Dada' so yeah- lol hope you're enjoying so far!

886 words