FF #5 || Chapter 1

[ Alternate Universe ]

Gauri had always heard about the grandeur of the Oberois but today she was witnessing it. Her granny, Jaya Devi Rathore was best friends with Kalyani Singh Oberoi. When her grandmother's friend, on a casual chat with her, learned that Gauri had been staying in Mumbai in a hostel hell broke loose. Kalyani emotionally blackmailed Jaya Devi to convince her only granddaughter to stay at the Oberoi Mansion during the remnant of her study. Thus, here she was standing in the living room of the Oberois. Apparently, the majority of the family had gone out for a wedding. Kalyani's affectionate welcome reminded Gauri of her own grandmother.

She had led her into a room on the first floor. Not just that, the kind ole woman had also with the aid of servants helped her to set up her room. That night it was just the two of them over dinner. Kalyani had jokingly told her that she had come at a very silent time. The house was never so silent. Gauri genuinely loved the affection she was showered with. Life at a hostel sucked, even more, when your warden is nothing less than a witch. Gauri had slept comfortably that night, thinking about how the other Oberois would be. They would apparently arrive later the next morning.

* * *

Gauri was already late for college today as she woke up late. Unfortunately, the flow of water in the washrooms of the first floor had ceased. Kalyani was clueless, she had said that it was after years a problem such as this as occurred. She had asked one of the maids to help Gauri to find her way to the Guest room on the ground floor. The maid was now busy cleaning the washroom that was laid with dust. Once done the maid realized that the flush wasn't working. She had asked Gauri to wait a few minutes while one of the other servants fixed it. She requested Gauri to not complain about it to Kalyani as she might end up losing her job.

Gauri sighed. If she waited any longer, she would be extremely late. She walked in the garden wondering if she could take a bucket full of water from the garden's tap. To her disappointment, the garden taps were dry as well. She was told that water would come only after two hours. Hell! She couldn't wait that long.

Today was the briefing from Archs & Styles the startup that had hired her as an intern. There were about fifteen students from her college that had been hired as interns. She couldn't afford to be any later today. But she couldn't walk into the seminar hall without a bath. What if she smelled unpleasant? On the spot, a full stop to her establishing good contacts and image.

Only then did she hear the old maidservant exclaim that there was water in the gym's washroom to the other. A bright smile lit up Gauri's face like the idea in her brain.

She happily got her clothes, towel, and toiletries in hand. Suddenly the smile dimmed. What if Kalyani came to know? No, she wouldn't, the servants wouldn't tell her because that would cost them their own job. Smirking to herself she made her way to the gym.

She hummed to herself as she made way to the gym. She peeped inside. Clear route. She turned to the left and then right. Clear Again. One two three, she sprinted across to the washroom.

She was amazed at the interiors of the washroom. If the washroom of the gym was as such, what would the gym be like? And why would anyone want to bath in their rooms!

Realizing she did not have all the time in the world to appreciate the tiles and the fittings of the washroom she shut the door. What! It did not have a lock! Seems like they spent too much on other things that could not afford a lock for the door. Who would come there anyway? She had to just take a quick shower. To add there were three other bathrooms. Crossing the huge mirror she stepped under the shower and pulled the translucent curtains.