Story 2 || 07

Chapter 9 - Devil's Surprise

Gauri pulled the sides of her cotton shrug closer together as she hurriedly walked towards the park. She wasn't a morning person as such. But how did it matter? She was trying to fit-in into her own life. The morning breeze was cold and the sun was gradually getting on with it's duty by spreading the rays. Gauri looked at her watch. She was almost on time. She looked on either sides crossing the road. The park was a ten minute walk from her apartment.

She had barely reached the other side when she heard awful screeching of tires. Startled as she was she leaped away turning back to see what caused it. Before she could blink and process, she saw similar blue-green eyes looking at her.

Not the morning greeting face, the you-are-so-dead kind. Gauri's heart forgot to beat. This couldn't be reality. He got to her again? Did he know she was heading to meet his brother? Did Shivaay tell him that? Were Shivaay and him a team against her?

"Get in." He spoke stepping out of the car and holding the door out to her.

Gauri stared at him. He still wore the clothes he had worn to dinner last night. His hair wasn't perfectly settled as it was always.

"Working hours begin two hours later." She spoke in her best cold voice. Giving him one of her own don't-mess-with-me look.

He smirked in response. Could he stop doing that? It was irritating.

"One, whose saying this is professional? I doubt it is." He said in a saccharine tone, eyeing her. "This is personal." He stepped closer to her. Despite the cold breeze Gauri could feel the heat of his breath. She stepped away not caring to answer. In the next few seconds she felt his hand grip her wrist. A few more seconds later she was pulled into him.

"Mr. Oberoi. Leave. This is not your house or office."

"I know." He whispered. She blinked uneasily. His manner was intimidating. Gauri found herself falling weak before him like always.

"If you don't want me to create a scene leave me now. " She warned him. There his lips twitched again his hand trying to pull her still closer.

"Come with me now. If you -- don't-- want me -- to create a scene." He hissed staring straight into her eyes. His eyes promising he meant his words.

"Leave." Gauri said loudly struggling looking around in hope that someone would see.

"Another word and I will have better ways to shut your mouth!" He whispered over her lips his eyes casting down over her lips.

Gauri leaned backwards her eyes glaring at him. She parted her lips to scream but then the voice never came out. Her brain working on an escape solution. She looked around from the corner of her eyes.

"This world doesn't believe in helping a damsel in distress. Stop being one and sit inside. " he said staring at her eyes. "Now. " he added his eyes promising trouble if she didn't follow.

Gauri had an idea. She nodded and sat. He smirked, pressing the special lock button. This woman had working brains but not good enough to compete his. Gauri placed her hand on the door lock. As soon as he would disable the central lock to get on the driver's seat she be out and running. She carefully noticed him. The second she caught him pressing the button, she tried opening the door. It didn't open. She tried once again. What the hell? She analyzed the lock system. She was trapped! It had a special kind of lock she concluded with what it looked like.

She glanced at him as she heard the door of his side shut. His eyes shone and his lips very slightly stretched, none would count it to be a smile bit it definitely could grow into one. He pulled the car away and Gauri saw it all in dread. She was indeed trapped.