FF #3 || Chapter 18

Chapter 18 : In His Favor 

( P R E S E N T )

Gauri quickly made her way out when she saw an email notification from Shivaay. Immediately after the proceedings of the court had begun, Gauri had texted Shivaay asking him to search records of Neil's secretaries. Neil himself had given her that clue. When she read the contents of the document Shivaay had a sent her, a small smile made it to her face. She hurried towards the cyber cafe to get a printout. Neil Sridhar would now not only face legal charges but also charges for sexual harrassment to employees. If only the women on he list who had tried complaining against him decided to complain yet again. Knowing Neil now she guessed he would have blackmailed them too. She looked at her watch she had very little time in hand. She wouldn't let Omkara loose this case.

After quickly taking the printouts she stealthily entered the courtroom from the side and rushed to Omkara's assistant Baldev. She handed him the documents with a post-it saying she will try bringing the witness in a few minutes. She caught Neil looking at her suspiciously. She gave him a cold stare and proceeded to the address she had received.

( P A S T )

Omkara pocketed his hands as he walked beside her on the paved path. The restuarant had a very pretty garden outside towards the west. The night was breezy. Omkara was totally clueless where to begin.

"How have you been?" She finally broke the silence that as getting awkward by the minute.

"Good. What about you? Did you get a new job?"

Gauri glanced at him nodding in a no. That piqued Omkara's interest. "Why not?"

"I thought it would be better to join after the whole wedding thing." She replied softly she spoke rubbing her palms.

"I can't believe you are finally giving in to a wedding! I mean didn't you.."

Gauri sighed. "Things change with time."

"What changed Gauri?" Omkara asked staring at her. She smiled glancing at him. "Time changes stuff." She replied shrugging. "You didn't know you'd see me here, did you?" She asked a small smile crawling up her cheeks.

"No. I didn't want to even come here in the first place." He muttered sighing. But it was the best thing that had happened in his day!

"Oh." Gauri reacted, looking away.

"I didn't mean that I regret or still don't want to be here. I missed you Gauri!" He answered quickly to wipe away her disappointment. Only realizing that he had let out a little too much. "I mean, it's different in office. You know...I mean.. to not see you..your colored post-its ..your pink pencils..what I mean is.."

"I got it!" Gauri grinned meeting his eyes. He chuckled nervously. They walked around smiling to themselves.

"What do you think about this?" Gauri finally asked. Ever since her mother told him that Omkara's mother Jaanvi had called her to talk about arranging a meeting to setup their marriage Gauri couldn't be happier. She was sulking at the thought that Omkara regretted what happened between them or even worse that he didn't want her around. She was scared what opinion he had about her. His sudden withdrawal from her, did hurt her a lot. She had even cried thinking she had messed up even the friendship she had with him. But when the proposal came around Gauri had mixed feelings. She was excited. She was nervous. There was a plethora of emotions she was swimming in.

"I think.." he gave a long pause as they continued walking and Gauri's heart skipped beats. "I don't mind an arranged marriage, if it's you." He smiled. Gauri glanced at him. Under the lamp light she could see his cheeks slightly pink. Damn the Lawyer could blush! She couldn't take her eyes off his face. When he turned and his deep dark eyes met hers she was tantalized. "What do you think?" He whispered his face moving closer to hers. They had now stopped by a tree and were staring at each other. "I think...the same thing." She breathed out, in that moment she felt it all nothing short of a dream. He smiled.