Story 2 || 17

Chapter 17: The Devil's Rage

Omkara's eyes closely followed Gauri as he saw her make her way to Tanya. How dare she? Right under his nose she had shown the audacity to call Tanya to the Oberoi Mansion. He gritted his teeth as rage raked through his blood. The two women stood aside talking about something. He quickly made a call, his eyes not leaving the two women. Tanya then walked away and Gauri returned to where she had been standing. Omkara quickly made his way towards Tanya.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" His voice was cold.

Tanya looked side-wards and met his chilly blue eyes. "Hi Omkara!"

"What are.you.doing.here?" He spoke through gritted teeth looking around hoping Anika or Shivaay didn't come around.

"Shakti uncle invited me. I am his ex, I should get to see who is he finally having the courage to make commitment to, shouldn't I? Nice arrangements by the way. But where's he? Don't I get to see how handsome he managed to look today?"

"Shut up!" he hissed taking a step closer to the woman. Gauri didn't invite her! Shakti uncle did!

"I didn't see the bride either. I saw her sister though. Step-sister." She added smiling, a smile that certainly didn't even have the vigor to reach her cheekbones forget the eyes.

His anger boiled at the mention of Gauri's mention. "leave now, you'll save yourself from insult." he whisper yelled, not wanting to draw the attention of the guests.

"Let me at least meet his to-be-wife. Guess what even her sister wants me to meet her!"

"Get out now. I am not repeating it again."

"Oh-come-on Om--" she had barely began her statement when Omkara grabbed her by her arm and dragged her aside, from their two women security in-charges grabbed her. "Throw her out. I don't want to see her even anywhere around this mansion." he barked his orders.

"Omkara you can't" the woman glared at him shouting.

"Oh you have no clue what I can. Stay away and you'll be happy. Dare to mess with Shivaay's life again. You'll regret it for life. My warning is not hollow, I swear I will burn you career and turn your life into hell if I see you again." Snarling those words he marched back to his study. One message sent to Shivaay and the other to Gauri. He ran his hand through his hair. He still believed Gauri had some plan with Tanya. She shouldn't have!

* * *

Gauri walked towards his study wondering what work he had. Her mind was still stuck at Tanya's unexpected presence. Who called her? Shivaay ? Gauri was confused. She however had requested Tanya to speak to Anika once. Anika wouldn't listen to Gauri perhaps she'd give Tanya a better ear.

She knocked on the slightly open door, and stepped in when she heard a 'Come in'.

"Lock the door." he commanded, still looking out of the window not turning to glance to even see who had announced arrival. Gauri felt a shiver run down her spine. He seemed pissed. She could tell it by the coldness in his voice. But the trust she had developed over him, made her do exactly as she was told.

"How were the arrangements today?" He asked walking over to his huge mahogany desk and picking up a glass-made paper weight.

"Just as they were supposed to be." Gauri answered standing a little away from the door. He picked up a file from the table and threw it on the other end of the table. His gaze then stopped at her. How could one desire and the hate the same person at the same time?

Taking the cue she walked over to table and picked up the file. "These are empty papers."

"Just like your life." He spoke walking towards her. She stared at him her eyes slightly wide. His predator steps stopped only when he was an inch away from her.

"I had warned you." He whispered, his finger sliding over the fringe that kissed the side of her pretty face. Gauri gulped inching her head backward.Next she took a step back, to find her back touching the table. He immediately stepped forward and put his arms on either side, trapping her between the table and himself.

"How dare you!" He hissed, his breath blowing over her cheek. His hot breath surprisingly sent a surge of heat throughout her body. "I didn't do anything." She said meeting his deep brown eyes.

"Don't show me that facade. Stop interfering in their life. How hard is that for you to understand?" He raised his voice tapping the table with his palm, his arm brushing her body in the process.

Gauri moved aside only to have his other arm in contact with her body. "Move.Away." She said in a crisp voice looking sideways.

"What if I don't?" He spoke inching closer to her face.

"Stop being something you're not. Don't fall in your own eyes Mr.Oberoi, it's the hardest to climb again." She spoke her deep chocolaty eyes boring into his.

"Stop telling me, what I should be and what I should not." He snapped angrily, her words entering the right spot in his head.

"Same to you, Mr.Oberoi."

Omkara's anger hit a crest. He grabbed her hand and yanked her closer. "I've told you many times before, that attitude won't work on me. Mend you ways or I will have to do it for you." He sibilated. She struggled against his hold, scowling at him.

He smirked evilly, tightening his hold. "Wrong tactics.Stay out or I will have my ways. The last time I say it in words." He glared leaving her hands and stepping away.

"I hate you." She uttered, giving him a hard gaze. She realized there was less truth in her words. That was what she hated.

"Don't touch me again." She snapped rubbing her wrist that he had held tightly in his iron hold. His jaw tightened in response. As she walked past him he caught her wrist, "I don't fantasy touching you."

Lie.

Once she was out, Omkara swiped his hand over the table dropping most things on the carpeted floor. His growing desires had now started pinching him. They ached for being fulfilled. He immediately made a call. He needed to vent out his needs before they overgrew.

* * *

Gauri was frustrated. More with herself than her life. She had started seeing the human in him. So wrong ! He was a devil. She was still rubbing her wrist to soothe the pain. But what happened today hurt. He had done worse before but yet this hurt more. Why? Cause she had started feeling for him? Gauri stopped in track. She couldn't find her key in her bag. She remembered her bag slipping and falling to the carpeted floor of his study. She closed her eyes sighing. The only other key was with Anika. She unwillingly made her way back to the mansion.

 She unwillingly made her way back to the mansion

Hoping there are no errors.

- Anami!