Prepping For The Time Heist: Part One

Later that night, Scott was woken up by Hope. More specifically, her sleep-talking. "No...no...no..." She murmured. 

In her last nightmare, she saw her memories and some of her future. But this time, it was all the future. She saw her and her dad yelling at each other. She saw Scott fighting beside her in battle. Then she saw Scott underneath a pile of wreckage, and he wasn't breathing. 

(Just think of that scene from Age of Ultron, when Wanda makes Tony see his greatest fear, and all of the Avengers are dead.)

It was too much. She needed it to stop. She woke up and sat straight up with fear. She saw Scott next to her, and he looked extremely worried. "Hope, are you okay?" He asked, obviously concerned. 

"No, I'm not! I just want it all to stop!" She cried. She put her head in her hands and cried. She felt Scott's arms around her, but not even the comfort of him being there could distract her from the fact that her condition was getting worse. "Was it another nightmare?" He asked. She nodded as the crying subsided. 

"The important thing is that you're okay, and you didn't have another attack." He said comfortingly. "I just wish I knew what triggered them..." She sighed. 

Scott felt slightly guilty. He didn't know what triggered the attacks, but he knew what the cause was. "I don't know what triggers them, but I think I know what caused them in the first place." "What?" 

"You had your first attack after Natasha and Steve took me, right?" "Yeah." "And I told you the doctors found a cut in your side." He said. She nodded. "After you went into your coma, your dad told me that the doctors found poison in your system, and there was poison on Michael's swords." He said. 

Hope thought she saw where he was going, but she kept listening. "The doctors couldn't identify the poison, and you said no one could identify your sickness either. So I think the poison was on Michael's swords and started the attacks." He explained. 

"Just like any other bad thing in my life, it's because of Michael." She said quietly. Scott knew what she meant, but stayed silent. Michael had been responsible for her mother disappearing. 

"So the only way to get the cure is to get it from the murderer that has tried to kill us multiple times?" She asked. "Basically," Scott said. "And in order to get to Michael, we have to snap everyone back." 

"You know, it wouldn't be so bad to let him stay dead." 

"So you know for a fact he's dusted?" "Do you honestly think I'd be here right now if he wasn't?" 

So he was right. Michael was snapped. "In that case, tomorrow means all the much more." He said. She nodded. "I should get some sleep..." She said. "Yeah, the last thing we need is to be tired tomorrow." He agreed. They both laid back on their pillows, and Scott fell asleep instantly. But Hope was still panicked. What if she had another attack while she was sleeping? She thought that knowing what caused her attacks would be reassuring, but it just made her more anxious. 

The only way she would survive in the long run was if they could get the cure from Michael if he even had one. And that was a pretty big if. She closed her eyes and silently cried herself to sleep.

                                                                Author's Note

Okay, I am sorry about how short this chapter is, but this is part one and part two will come out in a few days! Please don't hate me for how long this is taking!