the wind walker

Charlie sat up in the hospital bed. he still felt the pain in his side. the image of El stood there holding the gun towards him, he shook the head the image leaving his mind. he sat up seeing his coat on a stand the rip from the bullet, "You're awake," Charlie recognised the muffled voice.

"Oh hello Nostra, how long have I been out?" Charlie asked getting out of the bed.

"It is now dusk, the moon have begun to raise," Nostra said, she stood up and check his wounds one last time. "your body has heeled well, but be careful for a few days, it will take time to heal," she said. 

"Yes, I know that much," Charlie said impatiently, "but thank you for patching me up," Charlie add. He slung his top and coat back on, placing his bag over his wound.

"One more thing, you're friend left you a message, after he kept pestering me to make sure you were okay, he said he'll try to stop by again tommow, hopefully you wouldn't be shot again," Nostra said.

"Kyle then, Well I'll speak to you later Nostra, well if you need anything let me know," Charlie said walking out of the room. 

"I wouldn't need anything," She said. Charlie rolled his eyes. he kept walking until he reached his room. he changed into a green hoody, he then went to the lab, Azura wasn't here probably with Patrick or Stella, he was to tired to care. 

Charlie sat in front of different prototypes there looking at his bracelet. along with a few other items that all shared the same problem. Power, Azura had done great work during the day but powering the still proved to be a problem, Charlie started to add a few bits to his design. one thing that might just be able to power anything was solar energy, except Charlie and Azura had no idea where to start with that. Magic was one other idea and a much more viable option.

he rubbed his forehead and reached for a drink that he didn't have. he learned back nearly falling asleep. he heard the door open. he was so tired that he didn't pay it half a mind. he assumed it was Azura, you what assuming makes of you after all.

"You must be Charlie, I don't think we've met," Charlie jumped at the unfamiliar voice. jumping from his chair, spinning his hand reaching for his sonic. he saw a woman in a black jacket with golden shoulder pads and buttons, she had fingerless gloves and grey trousers, black boots. a pair of grey wings that seemed limp at her back. she had pink hair, and brighter pink eyes. like Azura she had googles resting on her forehead. 

"Who are you? and what are you doing in here?" Charlie asked. looking at her confused.

"I'm Lyria," she said. Charlie shook his not recognising the name, "the wind walker," she added. Charlie shook his head again, "a scout in the army, I was at the ender falls battle," She waved her hands at him, Charlie just continued to shake his head, "I'm Azura's apprentice," she gave Charlie a 'you've got to know that one,' look. Charlie raised an eyebrow.

"Azura has an apprentice? I didn't know that," Charlie said still fairly confused. 

"Really, she hasn't mentioned me once?" Lyria asked. 

"Not that I can think of," Charlie said. "Yet again, I haven't been on the best of terms with her over the last month," Charlie added. Lyria stepped close and Charlie stiffened. 

"Now that's interesting. A bracelet that can project an energy shield, where'd you get that idea? Azura hasn't mentioned it before," she looked really close at the inner working, "how are you powering it?" she asked. 

"That's the problem, we don't know, most forms of energy in the overworld would damage the circuitry, The only thing that wouldn't, is the end crystal, but Ceris is going to want them back, and we've only got the one left," Charlie explained bearly louder than a whisper.