the red legion

Charlie, Hilda and Azura found the origins of the firework, a small village. according to Hilda, the village was abandoned during the undead war, and no one had come to reclaim it since, but it seemed her information was out of date. 

the buildings were all covered in cobwebs. "it would seem a spider colony has moved in," Azura said. Charlie shuddered at the thought.

"Is our scientific advisor scared of a few spiders?" asked Hilda in a mocking tone. Charlie nodded his head.

"Since that encounter, I had in the tunnels under frostbourne I haven't been able to see a spider with feeling very uneasy, especially with that mutant spider, that thing was horrible," Charlie answered. 

 "a few spiders shouldn't be much of a challenge," Azura said, the group all stopped within the centre of the village, "Which building is she hiding in?" Azura asked, the two turned to Charlie. he straighten up and looked about. 

he pointed to a church, "in there, it's made of stone and is the only building that hasn't started to decay, it's also the tallest building with the easiest access to the sky so she could make a quick exit, even if her wings are damaged. and in a state of siege would be the most defendable," Charlie explained. 

"You must teach me how you do that, it would be very useful on the battlefield," Hilda said, the three moved towards the church, Hilda in front, as they were about to round a corner she pushed Charlie against the wall. "Spider, hundreds of them around, there trying to get into it, they're even claiming to the top of it," Hilda explained. 

"how do we get in? That may be a few spiders too many for us to handle," Chalie said, "I count at least 134," he added 

"I have an idea," Azura said, Before Charlie could question it Azura grabbed him under the arms and lifted him, he screamed almost the entire time before she placed him on the roof. that the spiders were quickly climbing too. 

"Azura there are too many of them to fight, you and Hilda found another way I'll go in and Help Lyria," Charlie said, Azura nodded and flow back towards Hilda. a spider climbed up behind, Charlie spun, "Ahh umm, hello my 8 legged friends," charlie pointed Excalibur towards it and reached into his pocket of his sonic. 

the spider hissed and jumped at Charlie who dropped to the floor, and the spider fell off the roof. Charlie looked over the roof and shrugged. "I guess that's one away out of it," Charlie mumbled. he heard more spiders starting to claw onto the roof. "nope," Charlie said. he opened the trap door and climbed onto the ladder, closing the hatched. using the sonic to lock it.

"Charlie?" Lyria asked, looking astonished at the scientist claiming down the ladder. "what are you doing here? and how did you get up there," she asked. Charlie noticed that one of her wings had been blown clean off and she was holding her arm where her jacket had been ripped and she was bleeding. 

"Long story, Azura and Hilda and trying to find another way in," he explained quickly. "your arm looks like it needs some attention. I can look it over quickly," He suggested. she put it out for him to look at. 

"Can't they come in the same way as you?" Lyria questioned, Charlie went to answer but Lyria stopped him. "Hang on, I can guess, the spiders" 

"the spiders, annoying little buggers," Charlie said, he examined her arm, "What caused this?" Charlie asked, disinfecting the wound.

"one of the cave spiders, the smaller one, what might be a problem," Lyria answered. Charlie looked at her and noticed some of the colours from her eyes had drained, and her skin was paler. "there are known for being poisonous," she added. Charlie's heart dropped as did his face.