the jungle

Kyle hacked away at low hanging bits of trees and sticking out bushes. He was in lead with Rain beside him helping to hack away. Stella just behind the two, "Remind me why we're helping to look for a group of nether soldiers?" Rain asked. 

"Because," kyle started whipping sweat from his forehead, the heat might not get to him, but cutting away at the tree does, "They were helping us," Kyle said. 

"If I'm honest, we don't need your help, we've handled worse problems," Rain said. Kyle laughed. 

"You mean like the nether? yeah, you guys really had that in hand," Kyle said sarcastically. 

'That's it,' Rain thought, he spun around and pinned Kyle to a tree. "you need to shut up," Rain snapped, Kyle shoved him back, "After everything the nether's done, you can't make comments like that," 

"And what about what you've done? frostbourne wasn't innocent. the Piglins, there is less than a dozen of them left, and as far as I can tell that's only because of what Charlie did while there. my advisors believe they'll be excited in a generation," Kyle said. he pushed the dragon tamer again. "and the only reason Naeus was in power at all was because you marched into the nether to kill your Ex and took the nether king with her, maybe had you thought about it we could have avoided all this," 

Rain clenched his fist and punched Kyle in the jaw. Kyle growl and throw a punch, his fist connected to Rain's stomach, the dragon tamer grabbed Kyle's arm and chucked him into the tree, Kyle jumped up and tackled Rain as a crossbow bolt hit the tree where Rain was just standing. 

Stella darted behind another tree as even more crossbow bolts fired. 5 Pillages stood there reloading their crossbows. Kyle and Rain took cover behind a tree, kyle summoned up his energy blades and a cave spider dropped onto him. Kyle struggled to get it off him. it bit into his hand as he throw it off. 

Rain stabbed it with the ender sword. Kyle grabbed at where it bite him. "That's a cave spider bite," Rain said, a few green swirls came off, "You've been poisoned, you might last longer than most people, but there's nothing I can do for it here," Rain explained. 

Kyle took in the odds, "I'll distract the pillagers, you go and make sure Stella didn't get hit," Rain nodded and Kyle jumped out he blocked the bolt as Rain darted to Stella, Kyle summoned up the arcane energy shield using his Magic, weaken by the poison the shield smashed and a bolt struck into Kyle's stomach, his eyes went wide, he threw one of his swords into the pillager that shot him. he stumbled back and fell to the floor. 

"uh-oh, I think there may have just killed Kyle," Stella said. Rain learned out from the tree. 

"No his still breathing," Rain said ducking back behind the tree, "Can you get us behind them? I'll take them out, you see what magic you can use to help kyle," Rain said. 'I don't like him, in fact, I hate him, but he's all Charlie had left from his home and I couldn't just let him die' Rain thought to himself.

Stella used her magic for a short teleport, the two landed behind the Pillagers, Rain brought the ender sword down slicing into the Pillager captain. then slicing right into the another, as they turned to fight him, Stella rushed over to Kyle.

'Don't be dead, don't be dead,' she thought. Kyle was hurt bad, not only shot twice but also poisoned. she could heal him partially, but he would need a position or something to help him heal, the poison had slowed his natural healing power. 

"Stella, how is he?" Rain asked coming over, Stella stood up, she had done all she could. Kyle sat up still poisoned and bleeding.

"I can taste colour," he said. and fainted again. the two looked at each other,