epilogue: arrival

POV Charlie

it's been a month since that letter arrived, and we have learnt nothing, not who sent it or how, things are worse than expected as well, Myself, Lyria and Azura have spent a lot of time examining the data from the multiverse station, which still hasn't repair enough for me to return to it. the battle they activated the same device that brought me and the others here. on top of that, we've dictated slight anomalies in the fabric of space and time.

in short, they could be 4 people somewhere who don't belong here, and these anomalies have led to unknown artifacts of some kind have been spotted. I haven't seen a full report but someone mentioned a stone of kind.

to top of an already infuriating last month, my sonic screwdriver is missing, last night I left it on my workbench in the lab to find it missing today, At first, I thought Lyria or Azura had it, but no something or someone has taken it.

it was obvious to me at least, something was playing a long game with us, and I most certainly intend to be ready, I opened the door to my flat, making sure to shut the door, I approached the front room and something was wrong, I always shut the doors before I leave, I passed my bedroom, I expect to see Crystal standing in the front room, but no it was empty, I turned to search the flat, when I felt something press against the back of my neck, "Daja-Vu" I said.

"Who are you? where am I? and where's Moon?" an oddly familiar voice said. I scanned everything in the room, Excalibur was on the table behind us, my hat stand was in the corner of my front room, with my umbrella.

I darted forward, grabbing my umbrella and spinning blocking a netherite sword, with this person in front of me, brown hair, with a red and white shirt with a flame symbol, something clicked in the bad of my mind, I had seen this man before. one of those people I had seen in the dream, where I saw many other universes.

"would you please lower your weapon? I don't want to fight," I said pointing the umbrella tip at him. I couldn't look that menacing. the man didn't shift, "to answer your questions, I'm Charlie, umm you're in the frostbourne citadel also know as the dreadfort, and last time I checked the moon was orbiting this planet," I explained, the man looked confused, "If I may? What's your name?" I asked.

the sword pointed back at me, "I'm Ember and you're going to explain how I'm here,"

POV Kyle

"anything?" I asked entering the council room, Marc my second in command, stood to meet me.

"No my lord, we have been unable to locate the source of this letter," Marc reported, Over the last month, I've had my entire kingdom out searching for the source of this impossible letter.

I sighed, "well keep me informed of any new updates, in the meantime I'm going to rest," I said, Marc nodded, I started off to my rooms, 'sorry Charlie, I'm not much help right now,' I thought, I turned the corner and open a door, and ducked as a sword swung at me.

I jumped up summoning up my sword and stood in front of me was a cybernetic red panda. "What are you?" I asked. the panda swung again, I enhanced my speed and dodged the swing, "Look, I don't want to have to kill you but I will now drop the weapon," I ordered.

I put my hands up, "Look I know what you must think from the way I look, but," my swords dissipated, "I'm Kyle, and I think we have a misunderstanding, how about you tell me your name?" I asked.

the red panda stared at me, the sword didn't lower, "Meeps," she said.

I smiled, "Well Meeps, how about we talk, something tells me you don't know why you're here, And neither do I,"

POV Crystal

I had stopped by to see Charlie every now and again while rebuilding my home, Normal it would be hard to do alone, so I recruited some zombies to help, my bat sat on the stairs watching me while nibbling on some food I had given it.