Beastly

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"Go Odie!" Tyla screamed at the top of her lungs as her mother directed her black bi-colored Australian shepherd through the agility course that was laid out on the green matted floor. She watched as the dog leaped through hoops effortlessly, the clock ticking up the seconds. The dog show was an annual tradition around Smallville county, but this was the first time that Tyla was able to witness it. Odie snaked through a few poles and then barked happily as her mother gave him a treat. The blonde cheered and clapped once more.

"And that was Odie topping the race at 35 seconds flat," the announcer said, causing the crowd to holler excitedly. "Let's see what the judges thought of the performance."

"Hey, I'm sorry. I tried to race over here as fast as I could when I heard his name being called up," Lana said, holding a tray full of jumbo pretzels, corn dogs, and a pair of drinks.

Tyla helped the girl get to her seat and snagged a pretzel, already forgiving her for the line hold up. "Odie made it in just over half a minute," she explained, as one of the judges complimented on the Aussie's coat. "They might win this year. They're the record to beat." Lana smiled, gleefully. "Thank you for coming with me to this," Tyla added. "It means a lot to me since Lex is busy." Lex was tied up in Metropolis and wouldn't be able to get back until late in the night. He was liquidating his father's funds but Lionel Luthor dipped his hands in so many pockets that it took the son longer than he would have wanted.

"Of course!" Lana replied. "I figured you could use the company. How's that going by the way?"

"I mean, I supposed it's going well?" She pressed her lips to see the girl look at her skeptically. "Well, I feel like I have to put on airs with him. I'm not sure if this is serious or a passing whim." She didn't how to bring up that conversation. She found herself liking Lex a little deeper than she thought but could the same be said for Lex? Another judge began to speak. The girls could tell that he was a shepherd fan because he started to talk animatedly about the breed.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that you're not exactly equals at work so the difference there is impacting your ability to get to know each other fully." Lana was right. The professionalism was needed in the corporate world that they were in but the fact that Lex was constantly working at home, it made the title Personal Assistant hang in in the air. How personal could she really be? Especially since coming back to Smallville, had left little time to casually date.

"Let's give another round of applause to Fae Meyers and Odie!" The crowd clapped enthusiastically as Tyla's mother walked over to the two of them. Odie panted happily seeing the blonde and sniffed at the steaming corndogs. He shook his docked tail, wiggling happily, knowing that the corndogs were for him. "Now here's a sight to be seen. Next, we have Andrew Decker with his Wolfdog, Ulysses!" The announcer started the clap as he finished introducing the last dog.

Lana gasped as a large grey speckled white dog padded onto the mat with a blonde ma, a few years older than Fae. He wore a grey baseball cap with the lid facing them. His clothes spoke volumes on the fact that he was a farmer from the outskirts of town. The man flipped his cap around and started to run Ulysses through the agility course. Everyone's eyes were so glued to the performance that the women didn't realize that Odie had snuck to steal a corndog and crawled under the bleachers to guard his spoils. The wolfdog's piercing yellow eyes looked over towards Lana and Tyla as he finished the course then howled, sending the crowd in a spree of cheers.