Transmission

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

Bullet points had a way of engrossing Tyla. Mostly because she knew that Lex Luthor, although had a way with words, had a tendency to want to say all he could but was unsure what he could deem important. Of course, he thought it all was. It was also a habit of his to not gauge the difference between an efficient presentation and a transparent one, let alone find a balance. The now-apparent billionaire needed to present the environmental route that they were going to implement in both LexCorp and LuthorCorp. Each employee was going to lessen their carbon footprint the minute they stepped into the lobby. Her focus was clear, so much so that she was unaware of her boyfriend, knocking on her ajar door of her LuthorCorp office. She didn't even look up when he walked forward either.

Suddenly, a hard smack fell on Tyla's desk in her office. She turned her gaze away from her report to see a brochure laying on the left of her desk. She finally glanced up, seeing Lex wait for her reaction. "What's this?" She smirked, picking it up and unfolding it. "Ideas for a company retreat?"

"It's a self-defence class, I'm signing you for it," he declared. He had a feeling that she might comment about it. Not to protest that he had done it but because he did so without asking her.

Tyla nodded slowly. 20 one-hour classes centered on her defending herself. At least, Lex was having her leave early on Mondays. "This wouldn't have anything to do with recent events, would it?" She asked.

He shrugged. "Not particularly," was all he said. Although, it might have been the motivation. Smallville was the sight of rare occurrences, none of them short of strange. He didn't want Tyla to be unprepared. "I realized that I may not always be there for you when you need it."

"You're not wrong," she said, tossing the brochure back on the desk. She rested her elbows, intertwining her fingers in front of her face and resting her chin on them. She studied his expression. There seemed to be a genuine worry. "You think I would be better equipped with this against your father.... or a dog?"

"Well better equipped than I would be if something were to happen," Lex started to say. He leaned over and placed his hands against the other end of the desk. He would be lying if he said her possessed behavior time before didn't scare him. It wasn't something he wanted to relive. Heaven forbid something worse occurred.

"I guess that would make me your weakness."

"Or a strength. One that I intend to keep around."

Tyla smiled. She kept him grounded. That much was true. She would try a class, at least. If she didn't like it, she could move on to something else. But something told her that her boyfriend knew exactly what she needed to even the playing field with the Luthor world.

****

The rest of the day was spent catching up on emails while Lex was at his meetings. Tyla kept an eye on the clock every so often. Clark was supposed to come to see Lex for lunch which gave her time to inspect this self-defence class that the billionaire wanted her to go to. There was a demo that was being shown in a couple of hours so perhaps that could give her an idea of what she was going up against. Her phone chimed to life as Mercy signaled her that Clark was in Lex's office. He had simply barged in which was odd.... he usually waited for her or at least came into her office for company. She made a face and got up from her desk, making her way to Lex's office where Clark was scrounging around the desk. "Clark, Lex isn't expecting you for another hour," she commented, perplexedly. She stopped in the middle of the room and tilted her head slightly as he shut a drawer. The boy looked angry as if he needed something urgent. "What...are you doing?"