5. 🙍🏻‍♂️Distances 🙎

Originally Published on Nov 16, 2021!

"Viru" came a voice in his dreams. After years he felt that solace when sleeping. He still remembered those times when he used to call her even before getting up from bed just to hear this voice of hers calling him Viru so lovingly. And after years today his morning seemed beautiful.

"Viru." It echoed the same way it used to echo inside of him then.

"Viruuuuu" the voice turned adamant. And Virat realized that it wasnt a dream. In a jerk he sat up to inquire the source of that sound when he saw his Sai standing there with a frown on her face.

He just stared at her for a few seconds trying to judge what is around him. Is it his dream? His Sai, the one he knew since childhood stood infront of him. Has he gone back in time? He just stared at her blankly for two minutes and even Sai couldn't budge as she tried to read his eyes.

"Chawan saheb!!" Came Chintuji's voice from the door bringing them both back to the present.

Virat looked at Chintuji and realized who they all were and that he hadn't gone back in time. He stood up angrily and held Sai's wrist roughly. He twisted her arm at her back.

"Don't you dare try to seduce me! I hate such women!" He said in his cold angry tone spitting each word. Why he said that, even he didnt know. Was it to cover up infront of her? Or infront of Chintuji.. or to hide his feelings from himself.

Sai's jaw dropped open hearing him while he felt confused at her reaction as she saw him baffled. "Seduce!!" Finally she exclaimed.

"Did my just calling you Viru, seduced you..?" She said with a naughty glint in her eyes. While Virat suddenly felt he did a mistake as his grip loosened.

"And wait a sec! I have been calling you Viru all my life.. Since childhood!! That means you got seduced since then?!" She exclaimed horrified not paying any heed to Chintuji standing there who was actually shocked right now seeing his Chawan saheb on back foot now.

" No..." said Virat loosing all track trying to find ends to what suddenly happened.

"You scandalized me... This is an insult..." Sai shouted acting offended.

"Its not that..." Virat said confused. He didn't understand whether he should continue his anger or should he justify that he had never taken her friendship wrongly in their childhood.

"I can't believe this... This is limit!" Sai tried acting offended as her gaze fell on Chintuji who was now trying to keep his lips sealed to prevent his laughter. Sai started walking out of the room stomping her feet in fear of breaking into a laughter and spoil everything.

She went out while Virat looked at the door baffled. He looked at Chintuji and then again at the door. "What?" He exclaimed in frustration and confusion. "What was that?"