24. The Truth

"I didnt kill them!" He shouted on top of his voice as tears started flowing through his eyes

"I didnt kill them!" He shouted on top of his voice as tears started flowing through his eyes. After 7 years for the first time he told that to anyone except for the mirror. He used to tell himself secretly that he didn't kill them. But today finally the burden lightened off his chest.

"I didn't kill them." he said in a softer tone now. Sai looked at him and tears started flowing from her eyes too seeing her father crying so bitterly.

"But I couldn't save them either. I am guilty for that. I couldnt bloody do anything to save them. They were shot in front of my eyes and all I could do was stand and muffle my own cries.." he said enraged at himself while still crying. Virat looked at him confused though he felt a strange relief.

"What had happened?" He asked robotically.

Flashback

Joshi stood at the door outside Chawhan's house waiting for it to open. The door was opened by a servant and Joshi went in to find Ninad talking on the phone and Ashwini stood beside him with a bright smile..

"Virat?" Joshi asked softly not wanting to disturb Ninad.

Ashwini nodded her head vigorously in excitement as Joshi smiled at her.

Ninad turned seeing Ashwini happily nodding at someone. "Ohh Virat.! Joshi is here for some important work. I will talk to you later." Ninad said and gave the phone to Ashwini.

"I would have waited for some time you should have talked to him.." Joshi said to Ninad with frown.

"Ohh I was almost done. Even had one of my scolding session.." Ninad said with a naughty smile and both the men laughed.

"You never leave any excuse." Joshi said shaking his head at him.

"Thats the fun in being the dad to a son." Ninad said shrugging.

"Anyways Where is that Bhatia's file..?" Joshi asked.

"Yeah, it's here" Ninad said handing him the file.

Joshi opened it and checked the papers. "Ohh Ninad! It doesnt have that paper where we had his signatures.."

"Oh yes right... I had kept it in my drawer specially. I will get it." he said

"Let it be.. I will take it myself." Joshi said with a smile. "By the way.. are you sure we should continue in this. Bhatia won't sit quiet if he found out that we caused him this loss."

"Don't worry Joshi. He had taken a lot of our projects that too with illicit means. We cannot keep quiet all the time." Ninad said with a determination.

Joshi nodded in approval and went in Ninad's study to get the paper that was missing. He saw Ashwini who was standing near the study's door now as she talked to Virat.

He opened the drawer and picked the paper. He was still arranging the paper in the file when he heard the sound of a gun shot. He was stunned hearing the noise and ran towards the door. Ashwini who was standing just outside the door with shocked expression, saw Joshi coming out of the room.