6. Breaking The Ice 👧❤️👨

Originally Published on Dec 03, 2021!

The whole day passed with Sai looking around the house and getting acquainted with everything. She entered a room that seemed not being used much. Maybe not used since a long time. She roamed about when she found a turned down picture frame. She picked it up and there was Ashwini and Ninad in the picture. A tear fell through her eyes as she hugged the picture. She didn't know whether she had to feel grief or guilt. As her father was the reason of their death.

"you are more than a daughter to me."

Sai remembered Ashwini telling her more than once. A smile played on her lips even with the tears that were now flowing as she remembered them. And somehow it gave her courage to connect to them. She wasn't guilty anymore, and she felt she had the right to mourn for them.

While looking around the room Sai found an old cardboard box in the almirah. She took the box out and opened it. There were some old pictures in the box. There were Ashwini and Ninad's wedding pics, then Viru's birth. Even her parents were there. Then many were of her and Virat. She was overjoyed seeing their pictures. She picked up the box and decided to see them in her room. She was now sitting on her bed as she took out each picture one by one and cherished the memories. Many of the photos were the ones she didn't even remember. Just then she got hold of one photo. She remembered the day.

"he is so stupid, he doesnt even know anything"
Baby Sai's voice echoed in her mind. She was pestering Virat for something and he was running behind her trying to tell her that he was not stupid.
"I know you are stupid.. I know that" she said adamantly.

"Sai, you marry me na?" asked baby Virat in his innocent tone scared that Sai wont marry him if he would be stupid.

"If you promise to be a good boy and do 20 situps I will marry you.." Sai said as much strict as she could sound.

Virat started doing situps with Sai sitting on the sofa counting each of it with her finger moving along with him. That's when Ashwini clicked the picture.

She couldn't help but chuckle at the picture. How innocent they were then. They didnt even know what marriage was. And now here they were married but everything was so different than what either of them could have ever imagined.

Suddenly Sai remembered that she had kept something on the gas burner in the kitchen. She quickly went to the kitchen.

Meanwhile Virat entered the room. He had just returned from office. He threw his briefcase on the couch and started loosening his tie when his gaze fell on the pictures scattered on the bed. He walked slowly to the bed with a scrutinizing gaze. He picked up the picture which was kept on the top. It was him and his Sai. The one he had loved all his life. A smile played on his lips as a tear of pain fell through his eye. Pain, of not able to get to that Sai. He ran his finger across her face.