25. The Shocking Revelation

He looked at Alka with a questioning and shocked face

"How do you know that I didn't kill them?" He asked.

Alka who was already bewildered seeing all of them crying, suddenly was taken off gaurd.

"You didn't tell her?" Virat asked him confused a little.

"I never told this to anyone. I hadnt told them about Ashwini and Ninad's death. How can I tell if I killed them or not" Joshi replied and then again hIs gaze fixed on Alka.

"Alka.. I asked you something." He said seeing her standing like a statue.

Hearing her husband call out to her something clicked in her suddenly. She broke into loud cries. She was screaming and tears were flowing freely.

Sai ran to her and held her arms. "Aai... What happened? Control yourself." Sai said to her trying to soothe her.

Virat stood up baffled seeing her. He couldn't understand what was happening.

Joshi stared at her for a few seconds.

"What had happened Alka?" He asked in a stricter tone.

Alka was still crying profusely.

"What did you do?!" Joshi screamed at her making her quiet suddenly. Alka stared at Joshi as her sobs were stopped instantly due to the shock of his scream. Kamal had never screamed at her.

Sai looked at them confused.

"It was my fault." Alka said as she broke into tears once again.

"What are you saying?" Sai asked horrified.

"You were jealous of Ninad and Ashwini. That I knew. But you killed them?! Could you have gone to that level?!" Joshi said in disbelief.

"No... No I didn't kill them." she said trying defend herself.

"Then?" Joshi said as he was the only one who could have enough senses as to speak. Virat felt as if a bigger rock falling straight on his head. When Joshi was innocent and he felt relieved but here was a bigger shocker to him.

"I helped them but I didn't know they would kill them." Alka said while still crying loudly.

"Stop your drama!" Joshi shouted at her again.

Alka looked at him scared as she quieted down suddenly.

"You always hated them. I thought it's just a timely fancy and would ware off. But I can't believe you went to that extent!" Joshi said shocked and angry.

"No Kamal trust me. Bhatia never showed that he will kill them. How could I have let Ninad harmed? You only say" she said restlessly in her defence not able to hear that she could bring any harm to him.

"Ninad.... you say you wouldn't have let him harmed. But you got him killed?" Joshi asked angrily.

Virat and Sai looked at the two confused. Where the whole discussion was going was out of their reach. And Alka being involved was something they couldn't digest.