26. Priorities

Suddenly they all heard a thud

Suddenly they all heard a thud. As their gaze went to the source of sound they found Sai dropped on the floor. They all ran to her and Virat was the first one to reach her.

"Sai.. Sai wake up.." he said to her patting her cheek scared to loose her. The only one he could deem as his purely.

As Alka was about to hold her daughter, Virat lifted his hand at her gesturing her to stop. Alka stopped midway realizing what he meant. She looked at them with worry and pain. Virat picked Sai up and took her to her room and Joshi called up the doctor.

Kamal and Virat roamed in the room restlessly worried for her. While Alka peeked through the door to check on her.

The doctor came soon and checked her.

"How is she?" Kamal asked seeing the doctor get up from the chair.

"Well I don't think it's something serious. Was she in some stress?" He asked.

"Yes... we are going through a hard time doctor. Will she be fine?" Joshi asked and Virat looked at them from the other side of the bed.

"Take care of her. I have given her a sedative. She should be fine in a few hours. But if there is a problem you can call me up for sure." the doctor said patting his shoulder and walked away.

Joshi looked at Virat. They both didnt know how to react to each other. Be relaxed for Sai's safety or cry for Alka's betrayal.

Joshi sat down on the chair on the side of the bed..

"Life plays cruel games." Kamal said looking at the floor trying to console him.

"It's a bit too cruel to me" Virat said with sarcastic laugh.

Joshi too broke into a mirthless smile.

"Did you really think I would hurt Sai?" Virat asked after a while of an awkward silence.

"You actually believed that I could kill my friend" Joshi accused him back.

Virat took in a deep breath hearing him as he nodded his head.

"That night was very difficult for me" Virat said as if trying to excuse himself.

"Yes... That night was very difficult" Joshi said remembering his own.

Virat looked up at him realizing what he meant. It must have been equally pain for Joshi to have his friends killed right infront of him but not do anything.

"Though Sai is my priority for now. But... Where is this Bhatia now?" Virat asked as the anger again started to shape up.

"He is dead and gone" Joshi replied back still looking at the floor.

"Dead?" Virat asked confused.

"You didnt know about him... But I did... Do you think I would have let him alive after that... he died 2 years back. After a major heart attack because of a severe loss in business that had shut his company down." Joshi said with a slight naughty smile indicating that he had caused that loss.