29. The Web Of Conspiracies

Virat found himself standing at the gate of Joshi Mansion

Virat found himself standing at the gate of Joshi Mansion. He had been too busy and pondering over the events of his life, thinking about the best way to end the misery for all of them. He had even tried to forget all of it but was unsuccessfully. He took in a deep breath and entered. He walked hesitantly through the garden as his steps were still unsure if he should proceed or turn back.

Joshi saw him standing at the door hesitantly. "Virat!" He said in a disbelief. Could it be possible that Virat was back in his house when he had least expected him to ever return.

Virat looked up at him realizing that he had now reached the door.

"Is everything fine?" Joshi asked him worriedly seeing the confusion on his face.

"I want to talk to the Joshi whom I always looked upto... to whom I always came to ask for solutions to all my problems. The one who used to stand even against Baba for me... yet would make me work according to what Baba wanted from me." he said with a slight chuckle through the daze that he was in.

Joshi chuckled back hearing him. "I have always been that" he said in a soft voice.

"Yeah... it was me who was lost.." Virat nodded his head disappointed.

"Forget it Virat... It was for the best" Joshi said.

"But what's happening now isn't for anyone's good. All of us are stuck up in a situation which seems nothing but a black hole ready to engulf us all" Virat said.

"Come in..." Joshi said getting serious.

"No, can we just walk in the garden... or sit on those chairs" v said gesturing to the iron chairs on the side of the garden. He wasn't feeling comfortable in the house.

"I am so confused. It's like I am split up into many." Virat said to him as they had now settled. "A part of me tells me to just let that night stay where it was. And just move on in life, forgetting everything and have a peaceful life which I have longed for since 7 years. But another part accuses me of being selfish that way. It tells me how very disgusting I am to just think of myself forgetting the injustice done to my parents. One part says that Alka aunty has already suffered to much, drowning in her guilt. But the other part tells me that whatever she might feel now, the truth of what she did won't change. her guilt wont get back Aai-Baba. There is so much confusion in me.. what should I do? .." Virat said looking at him disheveled.

"Even I am having these conflicting thoughts... Teared up between my selfish love for Alka and my duty as a friend and brother for Ninad. Tons of regrets cluster my mind when I remember my life now. Maybe if I hadn't done this or that, we wouldn't have landed here. But in the end, all this has happened and I have a harsh reality to face now" Joshi said defeated.

"What have you decided? What would you do?" Virat asked looking at him hopefully as if to get his answer through him.

"I have decided to stay coward." Joshi said looking at him with a defeated smile. "This time Virat, I have put the weight of making the decision on you"